TOGA NEWS UPDATE

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
bf45.jpg

It's about that time again, time to find out what's going down in TOGA town!

CLAN

Before I get started on the news here's a foreword from our illustrious clan leader @westonwarrior

"The Clan is in a situation where the main game we play Bf4 is has lost its interest for some, but bf4 still commands a full server most evenings and those that still play enjoy them selves.
Many members have found other games to distract them from real life such as Project cars and Rainbow Six, this is a normal situation and one we have seen a few times before and while members dabble in other games they bring in new players to Toga forums and TS. Hopefully when BF1 comes out those players will join us playing that as they will want to play what their mates (that's us) are playing.

So Toga is in a good place at the moment Recruitment is ticking over and donations are good.

A massive thank you to all donators and to those that give their time as admins etc to make TOGA probably the best Clan in the world"

CLAN NEWS

A welcome to our new members since the last news post @NE0 & @Nokwhy , also welcome back to @slYer who just couldn't stay away!

Good luck the current applicants @Gravedom @el-commandante and @Spork , if you're new and thinking about submitting an app, stop thinking about it and get it done!

ROSTER
No changes to the roster or staff at this time, business as usual for us.

TOGA BF4 SERVER - The server is good and after some inconsistent results from trials with other game modes we're back to where we were and the server again is getting populated quicker and more frequently.

A reminder from @SomeOldGit that we have a match against our clan friends at 009 on the evening of Sun 12th Jun, open to all members and applicants so have a look at this thread to get involved.

RAINBOW SIX SIEGE - Still plenty of clan member involved in this and @ShadowFax75 is trying to get some custom games organised away isolated from the rest of the Siege community for an all round better experience, if you're interested see this thread. This should appeal to not only those playing now but also those that have previously hung up their Rainbow boots as they didn't get on so well with the game in a global setting.

PROJECT CARS - No update provided!

UNREAL TOURNAMENT - Not a clan game as such but plenty of interest, particularly from @Zero who is following the development closely..

For those still not in the know, the latest version of UT is being created in a collaboration between a small team from Epic Games and their modding community, and has been in development now for just under two years.

This game is free-to-play and is in no way a pay-to-win. Epic Games will simply be taking a small cut from items sold by modders in the UT Market Place. You can download Unreal Tournament here.

A lot of the maps are just shells that are awaiting the first pass by the art team, but there are a number of completed maps to play like Chill, TitanPass, and Underland.

You can follow the development of this game using Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.

BATTLEFIELD 1 - Yes it's coming and I for one am trying not to get too excited after the last couple of releases (Hardline, Battlefront) but I'm hoping that we get what is sold and expected, while the rest of the developers go futuristic we get to go back in time, deep in to the trenches of WW1, the possibilities are exciting!

Info is relatively scarce and @coolcon2000 started this thread to keep to keep track of stuff as we find it.

A big spectacle should be the 64 player live stream that's coming on 12 Jun around 10pm UK time, details in coolcon's thread.

Release date is 21 Oct or early access from 18 Oct if you get premium.

Don't need to write too much here so I'll just drop the trailer in again in case you hadn't watched it enough..

That's all for now, a reminder to the clan and friends... if you have anything news worthy then send me a pm and I'll post it in a news thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gravedom

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 17, 2015
Germany
I must admit... i have seen this trailer about 100 times... and will probably see it 100 more. :D

Status Check:

Pre-Order Digital Delux? Check
Week Off after launch? Check
New PC Chair prior to Launch? TBD

Reactions: coolcon2000

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
As soon as I get a chance, I'll put one up!

Been waiting for something certain about EA server rental for BF4 but still not enough info!