BF4 - Modify Network Settings to improve gaming experience..

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
In your gameplay Advanced options there is a setting to 'Optimize Bandwidth Usage' (see pics). Basic rule of thumb is that if you can achieve a high frame rate, have a good ping and do not suffer from packet loss then turn it off!

Different views online, some believe it is a Placebo effect while think it has made a difference, only way you'll know is to try turning it off yourself.

@Aggrovan flagged this up the other day and he reckons it's improved his gameplay quite effectively and has improved hit reg and ability to respond properly etc.

I've switched it off and it hasn't made any massive noticeable difference but then I never had a problem to start with. I have noticed however less server/client side performance icons appearing in game.

Settings1.jpg Settings2.jpg

Aggrovan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 9, 2014
Surrey
Hi All
It really has made a difference to me, the biggest change is that I can actually have a one to one and win and I was always cannon fodder if I was exchanging fire with metal railings between, i'm enjoying the game again and was on the brink of despair... i even had a week playing WOW !!

Reactions: SUPASTARR

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
I hadnt heard of it before but doesnt seem to make much difference either way, so might leave it default.. Seems to make the frames feel a bit clunkier with it disabled. I get a constant 120 fps, but i can feel the slight difference if the game is working hard.

daisy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 13, 2015
North Wales
If you're still on copper but have a good connection even halfway up the mountain we live on, I've got a avg 30meg and ping between 30 and 60 usually at home there

Do you think it would be worth it for me ?

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
If you're still on copper but have a good connection even halfway up the mountain we live on, I've got a avg 30meg and ping between 30 and 60 usually at home there

Do you think it would be worth it for me ?

Best thing to do mate is give it a go and see how i feels for you.