Star Citizen (Kickstarter project)

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Tex Murphy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 8, 2010
Malmö, Sweden
Yeah, but will you ever be able to play it?

I think it's the worst £40 I've ever spent on a game.

It's a AAA title with the latest generation CryEngine. It's been in development for less than four years. GTA V was in development for longer than that.

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
It's a AAA title with the latest generation CryEngine. It's been in development for less than four years. GTA V was in development for longer than that.

I think the difference is that when rockstar make a game they plan out in advance whats going to be available, then work on it giving customers access to previews and beta's when its 6 months out form release.

With Star Citizen they've given access pretty much as soon as they had a working environment for the player to spawn into, and have built most of the game from there with new content being touted a lot. I'm not saying its a better or worse way to present the game but I think its a little underwhelming at this point...not to say it will be by the time I play it again.

Its one of those things I've put money into, and I wont look again until it gets to at least beta stage, maybe even launch...I do tend to put myself off games if I play the beta's, so I'll most likely wait.

Its looks pretty though...I'm still looking forward to playing it.

Tex Murphy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 8, 2010
Malmö, Sweden
I think the difference is that when rockstar make a game they plan out in advance whats going to be available, then work on it giving customers access to previews and beta's when its 6 months out form release.

With Star Citizen they've given access pretty much as soon as they had a working environment for the player to spawn into, and have built most of the game from there with new content being touted a lot.

The big difference being the funding of the games. A crowdfunded game needs a different kind of transparency.

Tex Murphy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 8, 2010
Malmö, Sweden
daaaammmmmnnn !! its not cheap hey....
I pledged back in 2012 ($60 package), but I would probably wait until the game is released if I were you. Some people thinks it's a big scam because of all the delays and that it never will be released. I'm not one of them though :)