bf1 and server rental

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
i got my moneys back so i can buy again with the discount! cheers torched. might wait a few days now, the trial has 4 hours left and its maxing out my cpu doesnt feel that smooth even with around 100fps..

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Thats music to my ears :)

Best start putting in my donations to the clan funds ;)

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Yeah, so far so good, think a few tweaks need to be made, but it certainly looks like they've done a good job :) I made a lil video about the classes so far.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Hi, if we go deeper into the details about server rental, prices and admin options, maybe the conversation should be moved into clan only -section?

daisy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 13, 2015
North Wales
i got my moneys back so i can buy again with the discount! cheers torched. might wait a few days now, the trial has 4 hours left and its maxing out my cpu doesnt feel that smooth even with around 100fps..

It depends a lot on your gpu, I've got two 6gb 7970s but an aging AMD Phenom II and both Campaign and Multiplayer are fine for me. But then I'm only on 1080p so might be slumming with so many 4k PCs around now

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
It depends a lot on your gpu, I've got two 6gb 7970s but an aging AMD Phenom II and both Campaign and Multiplayer are fine for me. But then I'm only on 1080p so might be slumming with so many 4k PCs around now

Oooo Daisy... I'm really interested hearing this.... I would disagree about your gpu....

Because Neo's GTX 1080 outstrips your gpus.. however... you have something im guessing on neo with that AMD... and thats more cores? Definitely seems to be a race of cores on the cpu in this game... i5 struggles i7 eats it up... but i've not seen anything about AMDs?

daisy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 13, 2015
North Wales
I've got the aging hexcore up to 3.8ghz just with an aircooler (albeit a large one) so that helps, but I think the killer is gpu memory for old cards 6gb is more than adequate and BF seems to eat gpu memory and like you say want cpu cores

In theory my desktop doesn't meet the minimum specs as my cpu is too old, but the game runs fine and the only thing I have above min spec are the gpus

Clown

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 14, 2015
Wales
I can play single player on ultra no problem, when I play multiplayer it still stutters at low settings, also the sound starts stuttering. Got a 290x and 8350 which seem to handle most things pretty well.

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
I can play single player on ultra no problem, when I play multiplayer it still stutters at low settings, also the sound starts stuttering. Got a 290x and 8350 which seem to handle most things pretty well.

As weston said, DX12 could be turned on and if it is, turn that mofo off... Also if you're running windows 7 you may not get the option.. So you need to go into config files and turn it off that way, other people have been getting this problem...

Also Ultra is uber high for Multiplayer bud... I wouldn't even consider running it on ultra expecting it to run smooth with your specs.

I'm running Medium and probably soon low on an i7 4790k and an EVGA gtx 980 SC.

Don't get me wrong it'll run it... but it will stutter. Or be slow.

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Iv got an amd 8350 pildriver and 970 gpu iv run on all settings just to see what its like and unless its my eyes i dont see much difference so as bf4 i stick with all low settings plays smooth and no lag stuttering or anything just the anoying ingame bugs that a new game has :(

8350 with 5% overclock + R9 290Tri-X with a overall 5% overclock over memory and core. Running on High, at a 6124*1080p res.
mostly between 50 - 60FPS. once or twice a evening a drop towards 45FPS. I am quite a happy camper considering my old hardware.