New Bf4 server online

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

dAVEUS

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 2, 2017
Sweden
Had a few rounds before work today. Was really fun! :)

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
Suggestion: for low player counts add tdm (dragon valley) + domination + gunmaster + conquest so vote could have 4 different modes to choose from. Gunmaster is very popular mode with only two EU servers
Once over 16 or so many players change to conquest large only
Some suggestions to add more maps to the large pool: Hanger 21, gulf of Oman, wave breaker, dawnbreaker, (some larger sniper maps?) Please add some more, we need 2 to 4 maps imo to stop metro been chosen every other map, I like it but everyone always will vote metro or locker if its available,,,, so it should come up every 3rd or 4th vote.

Crispy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 13, 2016
ive not seen firestorm, silk road or propoganda in the map rotation or vote either. Ive personally only played metro locker zavod or pearl market on the server, yeah they are popular but you can only play them so many times before they get teadious. If there is only a handful of people and no admin about then sitting playing those maps isnt ideal and i cant see people doing it very long. Different game modes does make a change as neo said.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I do agree with Crispy and Neo. As we are trying to get the server started. We play a lot of Metro and Lockers, I do like these maps with lower count of players. But it get's repetitive after a while. So having more maps/gamemodes would have my vote anytime.

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
will look at the maps / mode fpr the low population.
Remember no matter how I set it up some one will find fault
Fire storm and silk road have always killed our server and any water maps will cause lag and complaints

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Thanks Weston, these new maps and modes look good. And I think it's more fun now to start up the server as there is more diversity.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
...Metro Locker...did somebody just say Metro Locker?...If you're playing them a lot, I might reinstall. Those are the only maps I enjoyed and played! Especially Locker :)

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
We play them, but after playing it so many times it gets boring (at least for a few of us then). So we are happy to have more options now for when there are less people on.
here is the list for when there are less people on (I don't know how many players we need to get the other list activated)

CQ small lockers
CQ Large Metro
Gunmaster Zavod
TDM Dragon valley (old noshahr canals of bf3 tdm)
DOM Operation Outbreak
CQ small Pearl Market
CQ small Zavod
Chainlink Sunken dragon

Crispy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 13, 2016
I dunno how easy it would be to do but is there any way to add the ability to force a map vote/change if there is no admins about?

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I dunno how easy it would be to do but is there any way to add the ability to force a map vote/change if there is no admins about?
I think most of the time you can poke me on teamspeak(also when I am in the AFK room), I will probably be around anyway.

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
or me i am usually lurking on my laptop watching if not playing

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I have let the bf4 server lapse as it hasn't been played really at all for he last month willing to put it back if people want it?