CODWWII multiplayer download speed -question!

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Anyone else noticed any change in multiplayer download speed recently? Since the broadband provider fixed=changed our inhouse router (including optical fibre converter) a couple of days ago, the download time for MP has increased by 20-25 seconds. It means that MP has already started, when the server dl finally finishes. Previously I was there already long before the 15-second countdown started, among first to join.

It might have something to do with the latest COD winter package update, but then again, it would have had the same effect to other players, too.

Speedtest shows Ping 1 and dl 90 MB/s for the optical fibre, so that's not the case either. But the ingame specs show only 3925 KBs bandwith for the game - what's yours, who play the game?

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
i had a few games yesterday and was in at usual time didn't seem like any delays

Jackal-Scot

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Apr 12, 2015
Glasgow
if its a fibre via phone line changing you modem will result in your line going back into the 10 day training period : )

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
It's a separate optical fibre line for the home pc network. Did the tracert, thx for the tip and also for the other feedback m8s, the results were:

Reply from the cod ip was <1ms
Packets sent = 4, received = 4, lost = 0 (0% loss)
Approximate round trip times in milli seconds:
minimum = 0 ms
maximum = 0ms
average = 0ms

Maybe the frigging match making gets me into a Siberian host at times, depending on the nonavailability of the nearby gamers, who knows. Sometimes the game gets me into the countdown, mostly not. dohh.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
The problem has remained but I've learned to live with it. Must indeed be a host issue, because sometimes the game starts with the normal 15-second countdown and sometimes the game has been going on at least half a minute (after the countdown) when I'm finally able to join. At times it's a little bit frustrating to look at the kill cam though, when in the game I've fired half a clip to the enemy and died myself, and the cam shows that I hadn't even pulled the trigger lol.