HELL LET LOOSE

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MoosePiss

New User
Mar 31, 2014
How do chaps, hell let loose is out for alpha testing and is overall brilliant. The blend of red orchestra, Rising storm 2, Day of infamy and Squad and you have the perfect mix for solid team game play.

The game was released a few days ago with the dedicated servers going live just recently, I have to admit playing a match with 100 players is immense and the graphics are amazing with a few bugs that are amusing such as the platoon voice chat communicating between the dedicated servers.

I was wondering if anyone in TOGA has the alpha release for HLL?

Thanks for reading and take care all

Reactions: Quic

MoosePiss

New User
Mar 31, 2014
Playing the game in alpha is amazing even with the bugs etc. The game is more driven to the mature audiences and it shows when jumping into a random platoon. Its very rare to have little kid squeakers raging on comms

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
Just realised i backed it :) cant find the email about downloading it though

MoosePiss

New User
Mar 31, 2014
Just realised i backed it :) cant find the email about downloading it though

Look inside your spam folder, also make sure your a veteran backer as recruit tier doesn't allow early access

I was wondering if you chaps would mind if I got some players from the game recruited to TOGA? I'm unsure weather your able to advertise on the forums of HLL but the game looks very promising as the Dev team are working on bugs and keeping it focused on realism

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
ive backed it so i got alpha on wards but still nothing even in the spam folder

MoosePiss

New User
Mar 31, 2014
I found my steam key on promotions on gmail but everyone should have theirs by now

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I have put in a Clan
I was wondering if you chaps would mind if I got some players from the game recruited to TOGA? I'm unsure weather your able to advertise on the forums of HLL but the game looks very promising as the Dev team are working on bugs and keeping it focused on realism

Of course and speak to me on ts if you see me on please

Reactions: ShadowFax75

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
Very enthusiastic about this game!!

I have been looking at a lot of videos on you tube about this game (source: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrmDxti9093TAsB54-bxbg ). Is there another way to get a key to play the Alpha version? And what you said Moose, about the game being more driven to the mature audiences, makes this game even more interesting. It looks to me like ARMA in WW2. This game has the potential of becoming the new TOGA game :), in my opinion.

By the way, are you streaming on twitch Moose?

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
St Marie du Mont, Brecourt Manor, The Crossroads...:)! I just hope it's not too much of a hard core realism simulator though. Looking forward to your comments & feedback, if an NDA doesn't prevent it.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Driven to mature audiences? When popular streamers/youtubers pick this game up as well, and when not only backers can play the game. I think also less mature players will get the game ;-)

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Really? You hate vehicles in pubg!
hahaha I like vehicles to bring me from point A to point B. Because in pubg you are vulnerable in a vehicle and it's so hard to shoot back (and hit your targets)

MoosePiss

New User
Mar 31, 2014
I have to admit once you get a couple of squads communicating it becomes such an intense and immersive experience. At the moment its a ALPHA with focus on the infantry and server performance 50 v 50 players, they are adding vehicles and recon teams unsure as to which first.

They are committed to realism on everything(weapons, uniforms, locations etc) most of the models, animations etc are placeholders.

Driven to mature audiences? When popular streamers/youtubers pick this game up as well, and when not only backers can play the game. I think also less mature players will get the game ;-)

Agree with you, There are plans to handle the squeakers and team killing plus by the time it becomes full release development team promise server hosting and full administrative tools to deal with the undesirables;)

I will admit one tiny issue regarding weapon ballistics as there will be no calculation or physics with player weapons aka bullet drop because they would be unable to have 100 players fighting at once. It still in ALPHA at the moment but you tube has a load of new content especially a you tuber called skull and bones.

It does look good. Although there doesn't seem to be much action and a lot of running.

Agree but if anyone has played the ARMA series with the ACE mod ( advanced combat environment) that the game is more squad based and enjoyable rather than the arcade games out now.....But its personal preference to be fair chaps.

One regret was now being able to alpha post scriptum as that seems to be heading the same way however there isn't the amount of players participating as in HLL.

I was going to be upgrading my internet to infinity broadband but I spent it on a oculus right VR headset instead so streaming is a no go...:(