World War III

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
How come those guys always decimate the enemy team by themselves alone while commenting the game? :lol:

Reactions: SomeOldGit

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
This just might become the very first early access game I've ever purchased. I was a bit disappointed in BFV, so this could be a solution. (Provided they've got well admined servers. If not, forget it...) But a lot depends on the modes they include into the game. Good oldfashioned moving frontline with attackers & defenders would be my choice, permanently conquering a territory and then moving ahead, rather than conquering and reconquering same flags over and over again. Time will tell.

The google doc link within the WW3 page gives a lot of information.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/674020/discussions/0/3559414588254647267

Last edited:

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Early access comes out on October 19th with a reasonable price, as ShadowFax informed (thx). If anyone gets it, please write here your comments! :) I might buy it in November, when I'll get a bit more free time.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I will get this game for sure. I read on the steam forums they are also looking into player controlled servers. Hopefully they will add them too (probably not in early access)

Reactions: McTavish

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
From now on the NDA is lifted and are people who are in the beta allowed to stream and post videos.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
...I read on the steam forums they are also looking into player controlled servers. Hopefully they will add them too (probably not in early access)

I'll wait a while to hear more about it; it's no fun these days to play any game without admin servers, people complaining about everything others do.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I played 1 round and I really enjoyed playing. The game does need some work though, but overall I like it at the moment.

I was able to join on US servers and with -dx9 in the launch options.