Anyone using a RTX 2070 Super?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Hi all,

Just putting a new build together today, and I've gone Team Green for the first time ever, but still have not decided on the graphics card which will replace my 1070TI.

Is anyone running a 2070 Super, and if so, what are your thoughts?

I will be running at 1440p as I just upgraded my monitor as well, after my other when died the other day :(

I've done a fair amount of research, and it seems that the 2070 super is great value for performance over price compared to the 2080 stock. I'm certainly not going to folk out for a 2080TI!

Any thoughts appreciated :)

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
Hi all,

Just putting a new build together today, and I've gone Team Green for the first time ever, but still have not decided on the graphics card which will replace my 1070TI.

Is anyone running a 2070 Super, and if so, what are your thoughts?

I will be running at 1440p as I just upgraded my monitor as well, after my other when died the other day :(

I've done a fair amount of research, and it seems that the 2070 super is great value for performance over price compared to the 2080 stock. I'm certainly not going to folk out for a 2080TI!

Any thoughts appreciated :)

I think @Slanky has a rtx 2070

Reactions: Zero

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Thanks. Hopefully he'll see this and let me know what it's like :)

In other related news, I am having hideous issues with download speeds on this new pc.

I'm getting roughly 40% of what I was getting before.

If I plug my laptop in to the same network cable, I get full download speed so it ain't the cable.

Have updated ALL drivers on the motherboard including LAN but that made no difference. I have't got a wifi dongle to check speeds from a different network adaptor, which would have been a nice test.

It's really starting to piss me off now :eatit:

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
I had a similar problem with the killer network adapter, (back in the day) , it had build in throttling/prioritisation... Which was totally broken... Disabling the "feature" fixed it.

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Looks like my issue is electrical interference of some kind. If I move the powerlink plug thingy further away from my pc, i get full speed downloads. Didn't have that problem with old pc though which was sat in exactly the same place. Never mind, can't be arsed to look at it any longer :)

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
I've got the standard GTX 2070 if that helps. Had it a couple of years now I guess. Works exceedingly well but tbh all I do is browsing, youtube, a few games (Batlefield xx, Forza Horizon 4, The Division). Dont know if thats of use to you.

Reactions: Zero

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Thanks Binary. I have just taken collection of an Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super :). Heavy bloody thing. I hope it doesn't create any problems with pci slot on motherboard. Had hoped it came with a support bracket, but it did not :(