Anyone working out at home?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!
Hi guys, it seems that I am going towards the thirties, well my body for sure :p, I just put up 10 Kilograms of weight (which is not even that bad), but I don't want it to be all fat. Some more muscle is needed. Does anyone work out at home? if so, what are good exercises to get a bit more muscle-tone in your arms and lower stomach.

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
I've found that no matter what exercise i do, i've gained a few pounds since leaving the forces. Even though i cycle 60 miles a week, do a fair bit of heavy lifting, i couldn't shift the old middle aged podge. I started doing crunches to combat the belly which has helped, push ups every morning and dumbell lifts. I also go swimming twice a week and beast myself with lengths for half an hour. I keep off running due to impact damage on my already knackered knees

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
If you want something to do at home then have a look at Shaun Insanity... you'll love it honest!

I'm up at 6am every day to go to the gym so don't do anything at home!

Quic

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 10, 2010
Heerenveen, Holland
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
Six,

Maybe you can use some metabolic training;

3 times a week; Goal is to get as many rounds in 5 minutes (make notes how far you have come and get an extra round every week).

5 minutes MRAP;
10 push ups
10 prisoner squats

5 minutes MRAP;
10 warrior situps
10 1/2 burpee

5 minutes MRAP;
10 1/2 turkish getups
10 jump squats

MRAP= most reps/rounds as possible in 5 minutes. Take about 1 to 2 minutes rest between the 5 minute MRAPS.

This should give your metabolism a real boost, which helps you losing weigth and gain some muscle tone at the same time. Altough i must say 70% is about your food intake, so the food you take and the amount of water you take is a valuable key in getting fit and healthy. My advice is to do this 3 times a week for a period of 4 to 6 weeks before you change your program again.You can look up the excersices on youtube:)

Quic

Reactions: six-shooter

Nibbles

Donator
Sep 25, 2010
The only way to get "muscle tone" for your stomach is changing your diet.
Doesn't matter how many stomach exercises you do, if you have a layer of fat then you will still look fat :)
And increasing your metabolic rate will do sod all if your still eating crap, tbh.

I cant advise you with regards to training from home, as I train in a gym, but I can make a couple of suggestions for your diet.

Reactions: Zero

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
The only way to get "muscle tone" for your stomach is changing your diet.
Doesn't matter how many stomach exercises you do, if you have a layer of fat then you will still look fat :)
And increasing your metabolic rate will do sod all if your still eating crap, tbh.

Spot on...this man, he tells the truth! :)

My brother kept on for literally years trying to obtain a set of abs even though he had a thick layer of fat over them to start with. He never got there. I changed my diet, got rid of the flab first and then worked on my abs. Easy :) Years later though of being lazy I am back to square one, so here we go again lol

Don't mind the title, but I do these at home now. Starting today, I am going to do these once every 2 or 3 days, the other days will be arms (weight lifting etc) and legs (biking/skating). And I don't eat candy-stuff that much any-more.

I did do the whole 16 minutes, but had about 30 seconds of rest somewhere because my foot was hurting with the sideways planking (hardwood floor, no shoes and fragile feet dont combine well)

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
If you have a possibility to invest for a meeting with a good personal trainer, do it :) You'll get loads of good advice here, but to combine diet (healthy eating, not dieting) & excercise the best way, the pros are always pros to give you recommendations. I've invested into several sets of PT meetings during the last couple of years, and they do pay back. I would have been lost in the gym (or at home if I trained at home) without proper guidance. -No matter what you do, remember to train muscles in good balance, e.g. also triceps not only biceps, etc.