Audi technician

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
Hey, could be wrong, but I thought we had a ex Audi technician amongst us?

I need advice ;)

Sunroof giving some issues and it sounds like it just needs a "reset"

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
whats up with it ?

if we havent a expert we maybe able to find a solution

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
whats up with it ?

if we havent a expert we maybe able to find a solution

It has a function where if you hold your lock button on the remote, it makes everything open, close. All my previous Audi's did it perfectly. This ons stops every 2 secs. According to the internet it has something to do with some safety sensor. And also the sun shade thing does not close anymore... I'm hoping it has something to do with the other problem...

I'm currently downloading the workshop training app for my car... But we will see... Will also phone dealer, but really hoped I could fix it myself....

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Probably happened since you uninstalled rainbow six?

SithOllie

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 7, 2015
Got a copy of vagcom? you can run a test on the sunroof sensors and opening/closing system with it, if you're inside the car and close the sunroof does it close smoothly?

If you try it from inside with the key can you hear the motor stopping? You say the shade doesn't close anymore? has it gone too far back?

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
Got a copy of vagcom? you can run a test on the sunroof sensors and opening/closing system with it, if you're inside the car and close the sunroof does it close smoothly?

If you try it from inside with the key can you hear the motor stopping? You say the shade doesn't close anymore? has it gone too far back?

Yes, from inside it opens and closes smoothly.

I don't think the shade went to far back as there is a big peace sticking out. I unfortunately don't have a cable, but are actually downloading the latest copy of the training app.

I have the car booked for 6 may. Hopefully under my extended warranty...

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
I thought it was the pinch sensor... But the instructions on how to reset it on my car is not clear on the internet. That is why I'm downloading the training app...

But I don't think the pinch sensor should affect the movement of the shade cover...

SithOllie

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 7, 2015
Could be the pinch sensor, it's only when you do it off the key it happens tho?

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
Could be the pinch sensor, it's only when you do it off the key it happens tho?
Yeah, I think it is... But I followed the reset instructions I found online, but no luck. It must be something todo with the sun shade that is not working... Btw, I downloaded ElsaWin to look for the solution myself, figuring out that app takes a genius! :p:wacko: I gave up. Car is going to the dealer on 6 may...

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
Yeah, rhe the car is still under sortoff warranty for a year.... So i will play by the rules until then... After that ABT upgrade FTW!

Ryan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jun 23, 2015
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Im an ex Audi Diagnostic Tech.

What to do is the following:

• Unlock the car
  • Open the bonnet
  • Ensure all windows and doors are up/closed including the sunroof
  • Ensure the key is not in the car ignition
  • Pull the earth battery terminal off and leave off for 2 minutes to allow the capacitors to loose their power
  • (Not necessary) just before putting the earth terminal back on try to "unlock" the car again, this will ensure no charged up electricity is left
  • Put the earth terminal on firmly and secure it again, your alarm may go off, just lock/unlock the car - it should silence it (may need to open door/put ignition on)
  • If the alarm doesnt go off wait 2 minutes to allow the car's systems to reboot (just like your PC)
  • Turn ignition on - but dont start
  • Go in the car and do this 1 window at a time:
    Press and hold the down button for the Drivers window and dont let go even when it gets to the bottom, hold it for an additional 5 seconds when it reaches the bottom then put it back up and hold it again when it reaches the top for 5 seconds.
    - Test the drivers window if it will go up/down itself with the one touch down/one touch up feature (it should)
  • Repeat for all windows if applicable > Passenger Front, Drivers Rear, Passenger Rear.
  • Then do the same with your sunroof > Press and hold the open button till it stops, hold for 5, close it and keep holding the button for an additional 5 till it stops.
  • Exit the car and lock the car using the remote key button
  • Open the car and hold to open all the windows/sunroof.
  • The sunroof should open. If not, it may require Audi's vagcom to program it (literally a 30 minute job) (unless a faulty sensor in the BCM (Body control module)
If it doesnt work, phone audi, they may have an alternative solution as cars do run different software, if not see what the charge is, or just live with it ;)

Hope this helps, I dont recommend programming your own car if you dont have the technical know how, you may potentially "brick" your car like a phone and thats at least a £500 repair straight away.

- Ryan

Edit: Just noticed the "sun shade" you may need to program this too before the sunroof, the shade is not functioning at all - the sunroof will refuse to move as per the programming protocol in the BCM