Back - Playing Battlefield V

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
So its been a year or so since I think I last played BF4. I didnt buy BF1 as frankly going back to the WWI era didnt appeal to me and I think as most of TOGA seemed to be playing it, and with nothing else on the horizon that looked interesting I've spent most of my PC time looking at Netflix, Facebook or YouTube.

Last Christmas (2017) I decided that with no PC games of interest Id not bother upgrading my PC and bought a Nintendo Switch instead for a fraction of the upgrade cost, and have been playing on that for most of 2018. Got a fair few games and love that little device to bits. Both my kids have one as well but I play mine way more than they play theirs, and I'm over 50 lol.

Anyway the other day I got an itch to play something on the PC and was looking at either the new COD BLOPS4 or BFV. In all honesty the only thing that decided me to buy BFV was the price of the basic COD game - bloody ridiculous.

However, I've now created a bit of space on my HD and am downloading it now from Origin and hopefully after our day out I'll be scratching that itch tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Welcome back. Just saw your location....I too am unfortunately in HW :)

Well I work in what used to be the old Parker Knoll building in High Wycombe but live in Reading. High Wycombes okay really - except when we have the snow and then its like trying to get out of a crevase

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Having trouble with BFV. I'm not sure if its my PC just generally playing up as it seems to do frequently these days, or whether I'm not making the minimum specs in CPU - even with BFV setting turned down to medium and I've turned off all the nice bits.

From what I can see, the minimum spec is supposed to be Windows 10, Core i5 6600K, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2Gb

My PC is currently Windows 10 64bit, Core i5 2500K o/c at 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 770 2Gb

If I'm right - please correct me if I m wrong as its been many years since I last built or upgraded my PC, the motherboard hardware is now Skylake 14nm which means I cant just get a new 6600K CPU but would have to change the whole mobo, ram, cpu, watercooler as well. In fact may as well just get a new PC.

I'll keep trying changing the BFV settings down but I think its a lost cause.

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Well I work in what used to be the old Parker Knoll building in High Wycombe but live in Reading. High Wycombes okay really - except when we have the snow and then its like trying to get out of a crevase

Ah yes, I remember Parker Knoll.....that was a long time ago when that was knocked down. I think Morrisons now stands on that site and now a new retirement village has gone up next to that! Can be a nightmare getting out of HW in the snow for sure :)