Battlefiedl 3 - Aftermath - Latest

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
homepage_news_bf3_4.png

Update: Just a little update to keep you informed - I will keep topping you up until release date!

The recent Battlelog update, included all of the new assignments for aftermath.As you'd expect, there is a couple of assignments for the new cross bow and vehicles, but looks like the only unlocks are for the crossbow and some new tags. A little disappointing but there is some more generic weapons missions as well. If assignments are your thing then have a look in Battlelog when you get a minute.

index.php

Attachments

• assignments.jpg
    assignments.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,232

Drungly

New User
Aug 19, 2012
This is exactly what I was afraid of. The expansion has too much focus on the crossbow. Hopefully the weapon will be balls so I can have some fun with a regular weapon.

Brownie-UK7

New User
Sep 11, 2012
Vienna
as a recent PC convert I still have a few PS3 buddies playing and in my friends list. A bunch of them had an entry in the Battlelog feed that they now have access to Aftermath. I know they get it early on PS3 but not that early, right?

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Official release dates for PS3 premium members is 27 NOV, they get priority for the entire BF3 collection it seems. In the same way the Xbox gets all the perks for COD. Always gets on my nerves, especially when the devs and distributors for these games know that the majority of those that will commit long term are PC players. At the same time they also know we will buy it regardless, and put up with it despite winging on forums like this so never mind! :lol:

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
The big money lies in PS3 and Xbox. We're simply a niché. Even though there are many of us. :mellow:

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
Don't they get early access to all add ons as a sorry over the whole BF1942 fiasco?

You are getting it wrong,the problem was 1943(42 was PC ONLY(the second fps DICE made))

And the fact that Sony paid millions to get the early access(Just to beat what Activision did with CoD on the eggsbox.

Kello

New User
Aug 29, 2011
I think this update will be the same as the others, good for a couple of weeks then back to stock maps.

Drungly

New User
Aug 19, 2012
Official release dates for PS3 premium members is 27 NOV, they get priority for the entire BF3 collection it seems. In the same way the Xbox gets all the perks for COD. Always gets on my nerves, especially when the devs and distributors for these games know that the majority of those that will commit long term are PC players. At the same time they also know we will buy it regardless, and put up with it despite winging on forums like this so never mind! :lol:

Well you've just answered it yourself Matty. The devs know that PC players will commit long term, so they have to throw the console players a bone more often. Besides that, I think that they are using console players as guinea pigs to test everything.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
You are getting it wrong,the problem was 1943(42 was PC ONLY(the second fps DICE made))

And the fact that Sony paid millions to get the early access(Just to beat what Activision did with CoD on the eggsbox.
Huh wasnt Bf42 their first title or am i going senile? I dont recall owning a battlefield title before 42 on PC.

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Dunno, I'm a late comer to the BF franchise, I started out a BC2.

Always the same with consoles, when the next gen is released then games will look awesome for a small period and the gradually deteriorate. When you consider that the Xbox 360 was released 7 years ago (almost to the day) and that hardware hasn't been updated on the original models since. Other models have had small upgrades.
Compare that to a PC, back in 2005 I think the top end graphics cards were still BFG's coupled with an AMD64 dual core processor, compare that to today's GTX690 or HD7990 with a Sandy/Ivy bridge processor, no wonder they're better on the PC. Still consoles have their purpose and market, most parents aren't going to go out and spend circa £1000 for a top end gaming rig for their 8 year old when they can get a console for circa £100 and plug it into an existing TV. However, I can't wait to see what the next gen console offers in terms of a complete product, not just gaming but device integration, human interaction, online services, social media etc etc

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
Huh wasnt Bf42 their first title or am i going senile? I dont recall owning a battlefield title before 42 on PC.

Codename Eagle was the first game it was made by refraction who merged with DICE and revamped it and called it bf 1942(they even call it their first game)

Ninjii

New User
Jul 31, 2012
The big money lies in PS3 and Xbox. We're simply a niché. Even though there are many of us. :mellow:

This is true...bleah oh well thx for the info although I must say the game patch doesn't seem one bit interesting. To be honest the whole BF3 experience is a bit boring for me now as they really didnt add somethign new to the game. Either new weap small maps or big maps. No inventive I guess...

SpaceMunkeyUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2012
Manchester, UK

Aww man, I even googled to make sure I was right and not look stupid, way to go google :(

Luminol

New User
Sep 23, 2012
The Netherlands
Just wanted to let you know, and I quote: "UPDATE: Aftermath is being made available progressively for all of our PC Premium members. It should be available to all PC Premium members no later than end of day today (Dec 4). Thanks for your patience."