1. Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  2. If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Battlefield 5

Discussion in 'Other Games - Discussion' started by McTavish, May 17, 2018.

1. McTavish

McTavish
    Expand Collapse
    Recruitment
    Recruitment Anti-Cheat Sqd Server Admin TOGA Member

I decided to buy it, I'm not sure though how soon I'll be sorry :lol:

2. darcy67

darcy67
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

If you want to enjoy it more, you'll need comms and a squad.

3. McTavish

McTavish
    Expand Collapse
    Recruitment

Thanks for the comments, I fully agree with the squad play and pfto; my question was kind of philosophical - is there still room for slow pace these days. Well, I ended up rushing the flags with the squad in Grand Operations like everyone else...:lol:

ShadowFax75 likes this.
  4. Sparky1984

Sparky1984
    Expand Collapse
    Recruitment
    Recruitment Server Admin TOGA Member

My only bug bear so far has to be no admin. The reason the servers empty is because there is no auto balance and you can quit as a squad, so if the squad leader selects quit with squad and all 4 say yes the whole squad leaves making it 4 man down on a side, if that happens twice that's 8 men down, and with no way to swap teams or auto balance the rest of the team then it can be 24 v 16 due to two groups leaving.

That said I have only seen this on grand operations, and it's mainly down to the fact it can take a good 2 or 3 hours to complete operation and people give up and go back to conquest. So hopefully when it becomes more active with players, you may not see this issue as much, but it is annoying as Shadow pointed out.

5. McTavish

McTavish
    Expand Collapse
    Recruitment

Grand Operations indeed takes more time and a little more patience I guess, just like it took in BF1. It's been my favourite since BF1 launch with the moving frontline, so I hope that the servers will be full. And probably they will be, after Tuesday the 20th general launch of the game.

I must say that the games of this evening were very enjoyable, thanks to a good TOGA team! They must have done something to the graphs after Beta, they seemed more finished now and the enemies were easier to see (or am I just imagining it).

6. ShadowFax75

ShadowFax75
    Expand Collapse
    Server Admin
    Server Admin TOGA Member

Yes they improved visibility, but it could still be better imho by letting us disable TXAA.

On the Rotterdam map in particular, we noticed that a clearer separation between the background and the foreground was necessary. We’re adding a distance haze, which makes other players pop more, and you’ll also see fixes to lighting levels and visibility bugs in general.
    Below video might be helping too.

McTavish likes this.
  7. SomeOldGit

SomeOldGit
    Expand Collapse
    Match and social organiser
    Server Admin TOGA Member

there is still a long way to go i prefer playing support i have emptied half a clip into someone then only to be killed by a pistol

the MG 34 you cant use the sights unless you are prone but you can use them in all other weapons

another issue is if you are on a flag the enemy has spawned right behind me even thought we were capping the flag

8. Hobbit

Hobbit
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

Have a look at this if you are having FPS problems or just want to know what each setting does.

McTavish likes this.
  9. Hobbit

Hobbit
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

Maybe things to come to the game.

10. McTavish

McTavish
    Expand Collapse
    Recruitment

Having played quite a bit recently I need to restate that I like the game, and I take back what I thought after Beta. Graphs are detailed and clear, enemies are visible, commo rose is not bad. Ok, there's this TXAA thingy Shadow pointed out and some issues brought up by pete, but all in all it's quite a good package. They could, however, nerf the sniper rifles, I hate them just as much as in any other game!

Grand Operations, my main game mode, made a welcomed change to move the battleground for the "2nd, 3rd and 4th day of battle" even if the attackers couldn't conquest the first frontline. In previous Operations (BF1) if you got stuck there, then that was it. Now you get to play all the phases no matter the result in each phase/"day", but with limited or enhanced resources, depending on the battle result. Especially the ran down Rotterdam is a fun battleground. The whole GO battle lasts maybe over an hour or so, so it's not a short one though.

Breakthrough, renamed but the same as BF1's Operations, is also fun, if one doesn't want to spend too much time in one epic battle.

Don't expect too much reality simulation in dog fights though. Stukas and bombers chasing each other in the sky :lol:

The other modes I haven't even tried :)

Zero likes this.
  11. ShadowFax75

ShadowFax75
    Expand Collapse
    Server Admin
    Server Admin TOGA Member

@McTavish regarding the nerfing of snipers, they already nerfed snipers quite a bit compared to BF1. The reason why you probably hate them is that they one hit kill you if they hit you in the head. And since we got rid of the suppression mechanic it's a bit easier for the snipers to headshot prone support players.

The suppression mechanic like in BF1 was not good as the bullet deviation was too random. Now when a player/sniper gets hit he will flinch a little bit, but when he shoots the bullet goes in the direction he aimed at. I would not mind though (and I like sniping) that it's more difficult to steady the scope when suppressed as long as the bullets are going where I aim at.

McTavish likes this.
  12. McTavish

McTavish
    Expand Collapse
    Recruitment

Nothing personal against snipers, i just don't like to get headshot :lol: But it's good to know they were nerfed - I guess it's the first complaint and change they make in any shooter.

13. McTavish

McTavish
    Expand Collapse
    Recruitment

Rumours say that on December the 4th update they'll extend the TTK; gamers have already strongly opposed this. We'll see in a couple of days. -ohh, and "Tides of War" will be launched...lol :lol: