Battlefield News: Hardline?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
bf41.png

NEW BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE???? Keep reading...

So my own personal spammer Binary has sent me some more good info relating to Battlefield... (seriously though, I think he has a thing for me :o-53:)

Well at least it saves me doing the hard work... this news reporter stuff is easy, cheers Binary, keep making me look good! Anyway, here it is.......

A Post by Karl Magnus Troedsson,

At around 4am this morning, the DICE VP & Group GM uploaded a post on to Battleloghttp://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/to-all-battlefield-fans/ (It’s nice to see there’s someone else other than me who can’t sleep!)

It’s well worth a read, apart from the fact that it mentions a new game called “Battlefield Hardline” – below is a link to an early leaked internal trailer for it – it’s about 6 months old, and had the codename “Omaha” at the time. Am I the only one who never knew about this?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/5757356/battlefield-hardline-trailer

So what are your thoughts on purchasing BF:H? Looks to me like a mix up of GTA & Battlefield with a dash of Payday; The Heist thrown in. Apparently it’s not being made by the usual developers (which may be a good thing) but is being made using the same engine (which may not be a good thing). Personally from what I have seen in the promo video it looks to be a fun game if you have a load of mates playing it on Teamspeak…then again most any game is fun when you can chat, curse, laugh along with mates on Teamspeak! If enough of you guys are going to get this that’s enough for me to splash out on it but maybe it’s still early days yet.

Oh and sneaky BF community members seem to have discovered images of in-game equipment that includes blowtorches, grappling hooks, gas grenades, and gas masks as well as helicopters, police cruisers, sports cars, vans, and motorcycles.

A full unveiling is scheduled to happen at E3 with a proposed Autumn release. The official website states the unveiling will occur on June 9th at 12.00pm PDT (which I have no idea what that means! British invented time so that’s the only one I use).

In addition to the above news, ‘Karly Babes’ also mentioned that they are committed to continued support for BF4 with “teams in Stockholm, Uppsala and L.A that will continue to address any issues that might occur. But more importantly will also look to make significant additions to the game”. I wonder what that last bit means!

He also mentions a forthcoming major netcode patch…let me hear you say “YEAH!”

Last edited by a moderator:

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
So while it looks like a pretty good game... I have to say... it's just not Battlefield!!!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
True its not BF, and to be truthful right now I am not mentally ready for another Battlefield. While I enjoy BF4 to bits, I'm not ready for the pain of going through another series of "it won't werk" things if they did a BF5 next year. I cant say for sure whether I'd buy it or not.....however, this appears to be a different kind of game and with the game modes they suggest are going to be included, I could be very tempted to buy it to play alongside BF4.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
This is an offshoot and in the blog post he commits to future support of bf4, one thing good or bad it means real battlefield titles will be always dice. We have to remember the dice bf team are working on modifying frostbyte 3 for their next title star wars battlefront, this should be sooo epic, imagine bf4 but star wars defending hoth from at at walkers.....assaulting the death star with the rebel fleet.......carrier assault on the death star....the mind boggles tbvh!

Reactions: SUPASTARR

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
lol, interesting concept.... Will it be even released for PC? Or just the console? Only reason I say that was the movement in the video was very console control based....

I've seen this done before, they pissed me off so much when they release 1943 to console only...

Please don't do it again Dice!!!

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
lol, interesting concept.... Will it be even released for PC? Or just the console? Only reason I say that was the movement in the video was very console control based....

erm...good point. They don't actually say do they. I just assumed that it was for PC but you could be right. Would they dare release it just for consoles?

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
erm...good point. They don't actually say do they. I just assumed that it was for PC but you could be right. Would they dare release it just for consoles?

They did before bud, do you remember the excitement of the re release of 1942... called 1943... Only problem was it was console only.... heartbroke me that did!!!

Jedishen

New User
Mar 29, 2014
London UK
It's listed as available to buy for PC on Amazon and Game, along with all consoles (Except WiiU of course) so no worries there.

I'm curious definitely, will be looking out for more info and stuff come E3 in a week or so.

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
How do you know Mando :p did you play it on your HOMO CONSOLE!?!?!?!

4Edge

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 29, 2012
Quite like the look of this BF Hardline - could be fun if enough of us play.

but LOL at the grappling hooks, like thats something new. They had those in BF2 Special Forces, along with smoke and gas masks - made for a fun close combat game. Bring back SF on BF4 I say....

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
It's listed as available to buy for PC on Amazon and Game, along with all consoles (Except WiiU of course) so no worries there.

I'm curious definitely, will be looking out for more info and stuff come E3 in a week or so.

I'd say there is a big worry, it's listed but with no price or pre order info like the others :) I can see it coming :( nooooo!

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
I'd say there is a big worry, it's listed but with no price or pre order info like the others :) I can see it coming :( nooooo!
its released for PC and PS4 for this closed beta, announced @E3 360 and ps3/xbox One getting it after beta

http://uk.pcmag.com/news/33065/ea-opening-battlefield-hardline-closed-beta-for-ps

http://www.battlefield.com/en_GB/hardline

tbh after watching the mp video it looks and feels like a fancy mod for BF....once upon a time this would have been like PR in bf2 or similar, not a full blown title...sad state of the industry these days I suppose .

Last edited:
Reactions: coolhand

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Im going to wait and see how the reviews are. I've applied for the beta so will get some idea then. I dont expect that Battlefront nor Elite dangerous will be available then, which are my next 2 definite buys.

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
ive got the beta and its stable and looks as nice as bf4, diff idea on the map load screen a decent touch but in general leaves me cold. It feels like cod, crossed with Counterstrike crossed with gta crossed with hints of bf but tbh I don't think much of it, put it this way........im firing up BF4 just now...says it all.

for me its Toca grid autosport, then star Citizen

Last edited:

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
I'm downloading the beta right now, will be done when I get home tonight I think, but I'm not sure if I'll like it.

I liked payday a lot because teamwork against AI, this incorporates real people which are more annoying and harder to kill :p

And woohoo for star citizen, even though its coming out in 2015 for the full game if we are lucky.