Battlefront beta in october

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Skill based match making system...:mellow:...I guess you can join your friends at least.

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk

bpurgari

New User
Sep 4, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
I dont like it where theyre goin with all that "making games for kiddies" approach. If youve been following the prealpha and alpha videos u can see its much more simplified gameplay then battlefield series. This can turn both good and bad, I just hop DICE knows what theyre doin. They have infinite budget, they have knowhow, they had the time if they manage to screw this one up.. #$%%&"

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
For people in clans like us, a skill based matchmaking system is going to suck. How can we manage to play together when we've got a wide range of "skill" levels. This isn't looking good, imo.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
This totally stinks of what Infinity Ward did to Call of Duty (post CoD WaW)...

I almost wrote the same! We all also clearly remember what happened to the clan life cycle of this game...

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
No i'm not I dont like the idea of playing on random servers with no controle of who with

Reactions: MattyD

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
No i'm not I dont like the idea of playing on random servers with no controle of who with

Same for me. It's a massive cluster f**k. This is no different to the famous cock up Infinity Ward made with CoD. I remember a podcast that Robert Bowling (former CoD community manager) was on and the deathly silence that followed his statement about "No mod tools, no dedicated servers" lol.

Reactions: McTavish and MattyD

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Leaves me wondering what might be next... I only really ever commit to one game at a time and BF4 is wearing thin now, at least for me.

I play with a clan for the team play, the banter, friends etc so why would I play a game which might isolate them from me? But I'll reserve judgment and see what happens with Battlefront, in their move to alienate the majority of the PC gaming community they might make a U-Turn, they might also be stubborn and stick by their guns which would be aweful if they use it as a base for future games!