BF3 End Game

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
homepage_news_bf3_1.png

It's getting closer....

From it's original release back in October 2011, we are approaching the final DLC for Battlefield 3.

From Back to Karkand, Close Quarters, Armoured Kill (no US spellings here thank you!) and the well received Aftermath, we come to End Game.

The new DLC will be released in March, details TBC. I'd expect PS3 to get first look, then premium and then everyone else, as per the previous releases.

So, we're all hoping it will be the best DLC yet, here's what we know so far....

Four new maps​
Three new vehicles to include dirt bikes​
Dropship that can drop vehicles​
Return of CTF​
There's some media already been posted on the site by other members but here it is again, 3 videos for your enjoyment:

End Game CTF gameplay...

Air Superiority Gameplay

End Game gameplay and dirt bike footage

Drungly

New User
Aug 19, 2012
I think CTF will be awesome, although I've got that nagging feeling that it won't be what I expect it to be. Somehow I get the idea it will be focused on the dirt bikes too much.

The dropship only drops one IFV;

The dropship gets awarded to whatever team holds the central flag in Conquest mode and lets you drop in an additional Infantry Fighting Vehicle by parachute, forcing the enemy to keep close tabs on your position or risk being overrun.

So that's a disappointment already.

Scamss

New User
Feb 18, 2012
Kernow = Cornwall
Battlefield 3 End Game is coming this month!

PS3 Premium members: March 5th
X360 and PC Premium members: March 12th
PS3 players: March 19th
... X360 and PC players: March 26th

4Edge

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 29, 2012
What is it with having to wait until the 12th when PS3 users get it on the 5th. Presume its to do with load on the dl servers but even so... PC users first plz.

Redh3lix

New User
Feb 18, 2012
Bicester, Oxfordshire
I think CTF will be awesome, although I've got that nagging feeling that it won't be what I expect it to be. Somehow I get the idea it will be focused on the dirt bikes too much.

This is how expansion with play out:

First couple of weeks will be the best although for the most part, little to no structure/tactics given people familiarising themselves with maps, dirt bikes and new vehicles.

Stunl3y will finally realise he's not as pr0 as me.

Players will eventually learn that riders of dirt bikes and passengers are utterly exposed to enemy fire. This will eventually render dirt bikes a last choice in transportation in what looks to be very big maps. Basically players will get pissed off with being shot off 'em.

Firefights will revolve for the most part, around the central flag with drop ship award.

Air superiority mode.... erm yeah, we'll leave that to the Top Gun wannabe's. Has no place in BF3 o0

-----

I may be wrong, but I do not hold high hopes for this expansion. FAR too much emphasis by the developers on motorbikes which makes me immediately suspicious. Aftermath was and still is the only expansion that is worthy of BF3 and given percentages.......

Drungly

New User
Aug 19, 2012
apparently the javelin locks onto the bikes without the bike rider knowing.... KABOOM!!!

That's the same as with all ground transport vehicles. Humvee/quads/jeeps don't have lock on detection.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
To a person, who likes really small maps, (the maps that are not any bigger than Grand Bazaar), these might be very challenging to play. :unsure:

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
To a person, who likes really small maps, (the maps that are not any bigger than Grand Bazaar), these might be very challenging to play. :unsure:
im just hoping itl be better than armoured kill reality.

Player 1 to 6 jump in vehicles, drive off leaving everyone at spawn, you then spend 5 mins running frantically to the nearest spawn point/flag to be nailed as you reach it. It seems rinse and repeat the first few times you play them!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Player 1 to 6 jump in vehicles, drive off leaving everyone at spawn, you then spend 5 mins running frantically to the nearest spawn point/flag to be nailed as you reach it.

ok, this sounds like more fun than I thought! :lol: