BF3 Latest - Aftertmath Expansion Pack

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
homepage_news_bf3_4.png

UPDATED - 26 OCT 12

So, it's that time again. BF3 premium members can soon cash in on their investment with another bit of downloadable content (DLC). For non premium members, it will of course cost you a few pennies for the DLC (11.99GBP).

Release Dates:
PS3 Premium: Nov 27 (yes, this still gets right on my moobs as well!)​
PC and Xbox Premium: Dec 4​
PS3 non premium: Dec 11​
Xbox 360 and PC non premium: Dec 18​
Aftermath is new multiplayer content, set in urban areas of post earthquake Iran. It promises a host of new modes and weapons/vehicles. Here is the official theatrical trailer

Probably most interesting for the majority is the new scavenger mode. Basically, you start out with a knife, grenade and sidearm, now while that will be quite enough for some of the TOGA players it won't be for me. So you do exactly what it says on the tin, scavenge. Looks to be interesting, but will depend on the spawn nature of items to be scavenged. Joining a map mid game could prove difficult.

TOGA member Stun posted this a couple of days ago (cheers BTW), should give you a little taster of what to expect in the new DLC:

In addition to scavenger mode we'll be getting new vehicles, weapons, including a crossbow and the usual new assignments etc. The Crossbow will apparently have 3 different fire modes including an explosive round, here's hoping DICE haven't gone all crazy and overpowered a new weapon again, we'll find out soon.

I'll post some more info soon in this thread with some more footage of new content, weapons as I find it.

26 OCT Updates:
So some more info over at the BF3 blog relating to the new expansions pack.I've taken some snippets, to read the full blog post, click here.

Scavenger Mode - More info relating to scavenger mode.

"Fight for survival in the new Scavenger mode
Inspired by the earthquake theme and setting, the new Scavenger mode is a frantic hunt for survival. A new concept to Battlefield, lost soldiers start equipped with only a knife, one grenade, and sidearm and must search the environment for more powerful weapons to increase their chance at surviving and eventually winning.

In Scavenger mode, weapons spawn in predetermined locations all over the map, so it pays to learn the map to stand a fighting chance. The particular weapons spawning at these points however have an element of randomness to them, so in order to survive a Scavenger round you will have to explore as much of the map as possible. Sticking together as a team means you might be able to keep enemies from claiming these few and valuable weapons that can turn the tide of a round."

So, as it looks like weapon spawns are not completely random, the locations will be the same, you just don't know when. However it does sound a little like a campers team, especially in an urban environment with plenty of cover. The spawning weapons will not come fully loaded, they will be in different configurations and have limited ammunition. Scavenger mode will run like conquest where teams must control certain areas for "x" period of time.

New vehicles - Here is some info on the new vehicles and their weaponary.

"The “Phoenix” (US) and the “Barsuk” (for the Russian team, meaning “badger”) is a light transport where a grenade machine launcher has been fitted at the back in conjunction with the already existing machine gun on top, making it a ride that will carry troops quickly from A to B while also being able to dish out explosive damage to enemy vehicles and structures and fend off approaching infantry.

Finally, there’s the “Rhino” – originally a completely civilian vehicle, but in Aftermath, you have to make do with what you can get your bandaged hands on. This formerly civilian van has been retrofitted with armor and a remote controlled machine gun controlled by the driver to turn it into a medium heavy troop transport."

An urban area and a GMG (grenade machine gun)... I see buildings falling down everywhere.

Reactions: Luminol and Zero

Stun

New User
Jun 25, 2012
Brighton
Looking forward to this more than the other two packs , I think these maps will be more to what I prefer , not too vast and not too small.

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Looking forward to this more than the other two packs , I think these maps will be more to what I prefer , not too vast and not too small.

I think you're about right mate, urban warfare in mid sized maps, I'm also looking forward to it.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
So crossbow = one hit kill. Where's the logic in that?

I could bring my crossbow from Skyrim! Sniping with a bow is fun (but only in Skyrim, they don't sneak behind you to steal your tags while you aim with a bow) :lol:

SmartShots

New User
Oct 26, 2012
Northumberland, UK
Looking forward to trying the crossbow. It's going to be available to all classes and will go in your equipment slot so you will still be able to run your favourite gun as well. Apparently there are four fire modes - Medium arrows that are for close to medium range, Balanced arrows that are for long range, Explosive arrows that blow stuff up and Proximity arrows that have a motion sensor in them.

Sounds like fun to me!

Brownie-UK7

New User
Sep 11, 2012
Vienna
yep, really looking forward to this. I like AK for what it is and but as I mainly play as infantry then this is more up my street (pun only slightly intended).

Crossbow sounds sweet.

SmartShots

New User
Oct 26, 2012
Northumberland, UK
Something else that was noticed on one of the trailer videos was that there was a machete on their belts. It hasn't been mentioned by EA/DICE yet so not sure if it is going to be a new knife or if it's just part of the character model.