BF4 NEWS - Final Stand

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
bf46.jpg

So we finally get a glimpse of final stand and hints of what is to come.... In short, a throw back to 2142? Still no official release date yet it will be the final quarter of 2014, rumours are that it will be early October, but they are just that.... rumours!

The maps will be available to play on the CTE servers as of yesterday.

Here is the official release video... no game play yet but I have to admit, it look great, although I hope the snow landscape doesn't have the same horrible effect as we get on locker!

The new weapons that can be utilised/picked up in the game are interesting but I hope they are not to over the top... Be good to have a go on the rail gun!

Here is the official blurb or read it in Battlelog at this link

Final Stand – Operation Whiteout

Players will also discover secret prototype weapons and vehicles that further tie into the fiction around Final Stand, and to some extent the Battlefield series. This includes a Battle pick-up rail gun that fires a single round of powerful kinetic energy, and the hover tank prototype, which uses eight experimental jet propulsion engines to nimbly move around the battlefield. We have a few more surprises up our sleeves that we’ll share with you in the weeks ahead.

We definitely had a lot of fun designing these maps and the future-tech weapons and vehicles of Final Stand and hope you guys have as much fun with them as we do. That’s why we want you to start playing them now. Starting today we are going to be testing pre-release versions of the Final Stand maps on the CTE (Community Test Environment).

The amount of feedback we’ve been getting via the CTE has been incredible, and is a tremendous asset to the team here at DICE LA. That’s why we have decided to bring the community into the process even earlier as we reach the finish line of Final Stand.

Starting this week we will run servers with one of the four maps available to play per day – starting Tuesday September 9th. The number of player slots and servers will be limited – so not everyone with access will get a chance to play this time around.

This is the first time we have ever done something like this at this early stage – and we hope it will mean a more stable and higher quality release in the end!

Just added some gameplay footage of the railgun.......

Last edited:

SaintSugary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 17, 2013
Hmm...my grandfather was born in Karelia and also fought there against Russians during WinterWar. I'm veeery interested to play that map :)