BF4 News - Loadout Presets

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
bf43.png

Thanks again to Binary for this....

Introducing Loadout Pre-sets
News just in from the Origin News page http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/battlefield-4-loadout-presets/ is that they are today introducing the ability for us to make a number of kit and vehicle loadouts and then save them as pre-sets. For those of us who have played certain MMO’s this is what we would call “saving our builds”.

The whole story can be read by following the above link but essentially you can have 2 pre-sets per class if you’re non Premium or 4 pre-sets if you’re a Premium player. The only apparent downside I can see is that they state the pre-sets are only available via the Battlelog screen which seems to mean you can’t pop quickly to the pre-sets screen when you die to change from one set up to another.

Personally I don’t have any issues of problems with the way it all works currently, and can change items in my kit quite quickly, so it’ll be interesting to see what improvements - if any - this makes.

Of course this also means we'll have an update to download today so get your joss sticks, karma dice and a good book ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Traitor Soul

Jedishen

New User
Mar 29, 2014
London UK
I liked this when I first read it, was hoping it'd be like how it was in Bad Company 2, as I remembered how awesome it was to switch and adapt instantly in game between deaths. Quite why they could do that 5 years ago, but can't now baffles me, as I don't see what use this is to anyone :/

Shame really, it's like someone at Dice started off with a great idea for a feature, but then got bored and wandered off to do something else :p

MoosePiss

New User
Mar 31, 2014
Its seems beneficial to have two presents for any class(sniper for me:D) one for infantry and the other for vehicles

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
It will be useful for me, I haven't played with it myself yet... I have 2 different loadouts for all classes..

Assault - Close Quarters (higher fire rate weapons) & Normal Loadouts (higher damage weapons)
Engineer - Anti vehicle (mines, SRAW) and Aircraft loadouts (Stinger, Repair tool)
Support - Close Quarters (Claymores, close sights) & Normal (scopes and C4/Mortar)
Recon - Closer quarters (small sights and C4) and Long range (big scopes & beacons etc)

Reactions: Traitor Soul