BF4 NEWS.... What Next??

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
bf45.jpg

So we've had the final official DLC which has been received with mixed views, I think everyone agrees the maps look fantastic, they're big and varied with plenty to do if you fancy chasing after the phantom assignments etc.

Will this be the last DLC?? It's the last we know of but there's quite a window until the next proper Battlefield so they may surprise us, there's certainly plenty of room for more assignments etc. The next proper Battlefield (BF5?) will not be released until 2016 and probably not until the autumn at that.

So what next?

Hardline - The next addition in line for the Battlefield franchise is BF Hardline due for release in March 2015, most people played the taster/Beta map that was released, not for me I must say but some people liked the concept. Not sure if it is a game I'll want to pay out EA premiums for though, on top of that if someone asked me if I wanted to play a cops and robbers game I'd tell them no, so why would I do it because it's from the Battlefield franchise. Each to their own of course, that's just my opinion and if enough members of the clan do play it then it will be accommodated and supported as we do with any popular game.

Star Wars Battlefront - So this is due to be released in the autumn of 2015, in line with the new film and just in time for Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing more and how good it all looks and how much they capture the original filming locations. Please bear in mind that if you're looking for any game footage, most of the Youtube vids etc out there that state 'Star Wars Battlefront leak.....' are actually old footage from the Star Wars first assault that was in development before Lucas Arts got binned!

For those that missed the official media releases so far:

The official trailer:

The Teaser Trailer:

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
Ooh my, that looks damn good.

I'm not going to hold my breath over BF5, i think it'll either go the way of CoD or BF2142.

Star Wars BF looks like the next one i'll happily fork out extra dosh for.

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
If you check the premium calendar,it has now been extended until dec 2015,so there may be more to come for BF4.

m_cislo

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 2, 2014
Might be some more Premium Battlepacks, new knifes maybe or camos. But i don't hold my breath for anything more than that.

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
Might be some more Premium Battlepacks, new knifes maybe or camos. But i don't hold my breath for anything more than that.

DICE LA have said they want to make a 6th DLC pack,but it is down to if EA will pay for it,so maybe they have extended the calendar for that?(cant see EA paying for it though myself)

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
We'll see, probnably depends how much of the dev team get roped in to other projects.