Cookin' and bakin' thread

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Raneva

Banned
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, we have a thread for cakes and such (which has died a slow and silent death, it seems) but I can't be the only one who likes cooking. Even in this sausage-fest there's got to be some guys who enjoy making good food!

So let's start simple. What's your favourite thing to make and why?

My favourite thing to make.. probably my cinnamon cookies. They're fun to make (even though it makes a mess), they taste delicious and the whole house smells like cinnamon when I bake them. Wonderful! :joyful:
Oh, and making lasagna is great too. I should do that again!

Reactions: visual3x

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
I love to cook... more specifically I like to cook for other people!

I have been know to host plenty of people for food and drinks, so for this I mostly make Currys, chilli's & mexican food, stews etc... something that can be dumped on the table for people to help themselves to.

I make an awesome chilli... Takes me 3 days to make it perfect. Cook it (my recipe is secret), transfer to slow cooker for 12-24hrs, Rest for 12-24Hrs, slow cook for 12-24hrs then serve it up!

I also make a great pulled pork, slow roasted for at least 5 hours in my home made spice rub on a rack over steam. then to finish it you have to delicately move it to the bbq to get that smokey flavour and charred outer!!

Reactions: XharKhan and Raneva

Raneva

Banned
Feb 1, 2015
Three days for a chilli.. Wow! No doubt it's worth it, the flavour is probably amazing!

Reactions: MattyD