DayZ Standalone - Alpha Release.

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

darcy67

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 7, 2010
United Kingdom
So, Who is getting it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

Goes without saying, this is an alpha release so it's going to be very buggy and possibly unplayable at times.

However, with the purchase at £20 you will get the full release for free. Once this hits beta/release then the price will go up.

We also get the chance to help shape the game and give feedback.

I'm in!

Reactions: SUPASTARR

killkhan

New User
Dec 3, 2013
UK
Been looking forward to this.

Is it exactly the same as the DAYZ mod? Same engine etc.

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Been looking forward to this.

Is it exactly the same as the DAYZ mod? Same engine etc.

No, the engine for dayz mod was either arma 2 or 3 depending on which version you mean.

This is not the same engine it's based on an mmo architecture to take most of the calculations server side and stop hackers from injecting code client side to spawn items/god mode etc.

Think currently they are limited to 40 players per server...

Maybe Nepas or Gibbo can offer some additional info as I saw them both playing it on steam last night

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
Well,so far I have lost a fight to a zed with a wrench,one person has died after drinking disinfectant and we have handcuffed someone to the railway lines and stripped him down to his undies.

Loot is very hit and miss(plus there are sooooooooo many places to search)

As for the engine it is Arma 2.5(take on helicopters engine) so it looks better than A2 but not quite as good as A3.The sunlight coming through the tress looks beautiful.

One thing that made a HUGE difference to my fps is to open the dayz.cfg and look for:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead

Change both values to 1

Reactions: Tuéy

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
First, Walking Dead Season 2 after Xmas, then maybe this one! Keep us posted how it looks like :)

ReazorsEdge

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 1, 2013
Germany
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Oh! one interesting point that you won't hear or read about in the media (yet?):

There are some really good/funny/wrong/wired translations of in-game events and messages. It's really hilarious.
For example :

"You feel that you have a funny taste in your mouth"

Yap! thats what you get.................................... eating rotten fruits! Dirty thoughts there dude?!

If you encounter more of this hilarious translations - feel free to share!

ReazorsEdge

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 1, 2013
Germany
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
NePa, thank you sooo much for this 2 videos!!! They are sooo perfect to describe the aplha.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks dude!

for anybody who doesn't know DayZ yet, and want a 45 second short explanation I recommend this:

SpaceMunkeyUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I love zombie films/TV shows, and love the whole post apocalyptic genre but I gave DayZ mod a go and it was just too difficult to get in to, it was literally like that "...45 seconds" video. I'm considering the stand alone, hoping they put more stuff in to it and make it a little more noob friendly :)

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
I love zombie films/TV shows, and love the whole post apocalyptic genre but I gave DayZ mod a go and it was just too difficult to get in to, it was literally like that "...45 seconds" video. I'm considering the stand alone, hoping they put more stuff in to it and make it a little more noob friendly :)

It is not noob friendly... I'm a pretty seasoned mod player and managed to die twice last night near fucking kamenka...

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
in all seriousness though, instead of a more noob friendly game what you need is the comforting cuddle of players who have been through the mangle with the mods before going to the standalone...which is kind of like the mods, but with different bugs/more updates.

Thats Nep/Darcy/Gibbo possibly Kritkeen...

Reactions: NePa5