Escape from Tarkov

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

TalllPaul

New User
Feb 12, 2016
Pais Vasco
www.twitter.com

Escape From Tarkov is a "hardcore story-driven MMO" that takes place in the Russian city of Tarkov, which for some reason has been sealed off by the authorities and is now a ruined battleground overrun by private military companies and local raiders. It combines elements of shooters and RPGS, and also, as you can see in this "looting and inventory" trailer, looks an awful lot like STALKER.

The video isn't the most action-packed showcase ever, but it's meant to demonstrate some of the less two-fisted aspects of the game, like inventory management, weapon modification, and interaction with the environment. If gunfire is more your thing, an "Action Gameplay" video released last month (and embedded below) has plenty of that. Both are taken from pre-alpha builds of the game, but even so they look pretty good.

The Escape From Tarkov website doesn't have much more to say about it at this point, but a closed beta is planned to start sometime in 2016. If you'd like to give it a shot, you can put your name in the hat at escapefromtarkov.com.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I bought this game yesterday and played it a little. I enjoyed it. But still need to play it a bit more to decide it was worth it (although I think right now it's worth it)

Ninja_Freak

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 8, 2010
christchurch
I bought it too but only played a bit.

got kitted out with stuff from a trader only to go into the game and get stabbed in the back while looting a car.. perhaps a steep learning curve?

darcy67

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 7, 2010
United Kingdom
I bought it too but only played a bit.

got kitted out with stuff from a trader only to go into the game and get stabbed in the back while looting a car.. perhaps a steep learning curve?

It has a huge learning curve. Very much a risk vs reward mantra.

Best to go in with nothing in the hope of killing either another player or an npc then extracting until you really know the map you're playing at the stuff you want to do.

I've had it for about a week and I'm hooked on it.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Doing scav runs is good too. That way you won't lose stuff. Only the stuff you looted in that same run if you get killed.

And you can try offline. You will not lose or win stuff that way though.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Been playing the fame some more last few days. It's still in beta, so it's not fully optimised. But I do enjoy playing this game.
You really need to expect to die a lot as well. The rush when you survive with nice loot is awesome.