Eurogamer 2019

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
I actually had the Thursday to Sunday booked off as holiday and had planned to get down there.

But as the year started I burned a lot of holiday looking after Mrs Khanny, so I have had to bin it off to save the couple of days holiday back.

Looks like another year I'll miss it tbh, wanted to take the kids (they're as bad as me and Sara for gaming!).

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
I actually had the Thursday to Sunday booked off as holiday and had planned to get down there.

But as the year started I burned a lot of holiday looking after Mrs Khanny, so I have had to bin it off to save the couple of days holiday back.

Looks like another year I'll miss it tbh, wanted to take the kids (they're as bad as me and Sara for gaming!).

Ah damn it! Would have been great to meet up with you again. Next year perhaps :)

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Ah damn it! Would have been great to meet up with you again. Next year perhaps :)

Yeah I'm the same gaffer, I was well up for the weekend pass then Mrs K and I go Thursday/Friday and then take one of the kids Sat and the other Sunday...but the best laid plans etc :(

I'm getting there next year even if its in Birmingham (thats actually easier for me, about and hour and a half from here), this year only really came unstuck because of Mrs Khanny's bipolar diagnosis in March :)

Raincheck for this year but i'll be all over it next hopefully!

Reactions: Zero

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
All depends on on travel atm but I will keep you informed.

what are you both up to these days?

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk

I'm just spending most of my spare time being harassed by my 9 month old and trying to retrain slightly toward QA Automation Engineering and Microsoft Azure certification. Once I got that, I will probably get certified in Amazon Web Services as well.

Haven't played anything in months now :(

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010

The amount of time spent on kids doesn't reduce either with age or number, apparently. My 15 and 11 year olds are still drains on my income and time.

I'm working at URBN Rushden, they own Urban Outfitters, Anthroplogie and Free People in the UK, more in the US. I work in the dc, as an inbound data analyst, deal with all the reporting out of the team and building excel tools to support the buying office, manage inbound carriers, their data and integrations, currently running a project to add a new carrier from the US and Indonesia.

Really enjoying it, the culture within the business is exactly what I like, never known anything like it in my professional career. Pink day last year I went as George from Rainbow, and for Halloween I did Heath Ledger's Joker :)
photo.php

Mrs is good and the kids play a lot more games than I do these days, I did manage to get about 3 or 4 hours over the weekend in division 2, but that's the first thing I've played for months really.

What about you man? Got some stories to tell, not spoken in ages!

Reactions: westonwarrior

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I start a new career as a manager on the railway on 20th September, 6 months training, the last few years have been a rollercoaster and tough to boot but I feel a good time ahead with this new move. which took over a year from application to acceptance with all the assessments etc. funny enough Jumpy was here with me in my kitchen when I took the call to say they were offering the placement. he can back me up how much it meant. lol

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I wont be going to this unfortunately. I was looking forward to it but its impossible im afraid