First world (problem) dilema

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
It's my 30th birthday in 2 weeks. The big 3 O. Seems like a good reason to spoil myself with a "self gift". Problem? Dunno what to buy. Don't need anything for the computer, don't need anything for the bike. Can't think of any gadget I'd like. I'm mostly a technology and gaming guy.
My girlfriend wanted to do a shared gift (split the cost between us) by offering me part of a motorbike racing course in Silverstone later this year, but we're both to busy at work during the next few months to do it.

Any suggestions?

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
send the money you where going to spend on yourself to me and i will enjoy it ;)

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
I now have come to believe that this post was a mistake, as it will only go on a downwards spiral from here on.

Tomas

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 3, 2013
51° 21' 35'' N 5° 26' 6" E
We'll its kind of a naive post to be honest ;).
I mean, how in the hell are we supposed to know what you should do with your money?:blink:
Nobody knows this better than you.
My suggestion? Don't waste it on something you 'kinda' want because you need a gift for you 30th.
Put it away somewhere for a rainy day, or use it when you come across something you really want!

In any case, 2 weeks left to decide :)!

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
We'll its kind of a naive post to be honest ;).
I mean, how in the hell are we supposed to know what you should do with your money?:blink:
Nobody knows this better than you.
My suggestion? Don't waste it on something you 'kinda' want because you need a gift for you 30th.
Put it away somewhere for a rainy day, or use it when you come across something you really want!

In any case, 2 weeks left to decide :)!
Well, I get what you're saying, but I don't agree with it being naive. I may have simply gone about it wrong. Maybe I should have posted asking people about gadgets, or other sort of interesting things around technology and go from there.

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Ask whichever way you want Morthor... 99 times out of 100 I'll still return a sarcastic remark, that's just the way I role! :lol:

Reactions: Mandoscottie

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
Well, I seemed to have made a fool of myself and come out in a different manner than I intended entirely. Please feel free to close this thread.

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
:O I bet you don't let your Gf see that post :p

heheheh im getting it in the neck atm, been living together 5yr and we aint engaged....I don't see the point :)
My gf pretty much shares my view on marriage. We've both had enough failed marriages in our families to believe that it's not about getting married. It's being well around each other. We can either go and do things together, or just be in the same room doing our own things. We are well together without losing individuality. If we keep it up, we don't need anything else to bind us, paper, ritual or tradition.

Edit: My written english today is horrible. But I'm too tired to write it properly. Sorry.

Last edited: