Got banned in PUBG

Sotis

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 4, 2017
Finland
First, i have played different games since 80's and never, ever got treated like this before. I did play several games of PUBG last week and everything was fine until yesterday when i tried to play quick game. Opened the game and got message "you have been banned from steam". No statement why. Opened a ticket for this shit. Actually, i did open 4th ticket 10 mins ago, because all i get is automatic replies about "infraction detected in the game" , "no can do" and "for security reason, we don tell why the ban has enforced".

I have now tried to ask either stating the reason for ban or lifting the ban, but so far nothing seems to happen and i just get those generic answers. Only thing i can imagine why the ban has been enforced is that my kd has risen over 1 now first time. And the reason for my better kd is solely the bots what they have been adding in the game, because it is so easy to shoot them. I haven't used any hacks/cheats/3rd party programs (only ts and discord) and i haven't installed any new programs lately, so i really cant tell why i'm banned. It is sure that i wont use 29,99 euros to buy the game again.

It seems that Bunghole company ain't going to lift the ban or give me a decent response to my tickets, so my 730 hrs with the game have been flushed to the toilet. Only thing i can ask now is what next? Probably got time to play only one game, so any recommendations? Is that Warzone any good (tried once, not sure about it...)

Sotis

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 4, 2017
Finland
Got an fast reply this time from mr. Safwan M:

"Hello Survivor,

Thank you for writing to PUBG Support.

You have updated us on the previous inquiry about the restriction.

We have already provided you with all the details that we can about the situation. The account has violated the terms and services and is permanently restricted.

We do not provide specific details on what had triggered the violation due to security reasons. We do not provide any retests of restrictions since it is being done internally. We have no other information or details that we can provide to you about this situation.

We understand that the situation is frustrating and we have assisted you as much as possible.

We ask for your understanding."

I ask unban or reason and they ask understanding. It seems that neither one is going to have that what is wanted....

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
TOGA Member
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I have looked into this and see you have been banned by the game makers not steam, as such you are free to play any other game.

Sotis

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 4, 2017
Finland
I have looked into this and see you have been banned by the game makers not steam, as such you are free to play any other game.
I know that and with new account i could buy new PUBG but point is that i'm banned for no reason. And it would be useless to buy new game with new account, because they don't tell me what causes the ban, so i could just get banned again. I have played since 2018 season 1 and nothing has changed except my kd in this season, thanks to those bots.

Opened one more ticket and appealed to BattleEye also. This shit can't just go like this.

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
Server Admin
TOGA Member
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Battle.net ID
z3r0KillsAgn#2234
Could be a false positive that eventually just gets lifted without anyone being notified.

Incredibly bad that people pay good money to play a game and then get treated this way. There must be some law against this kind of thing in consumer rights....

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
TOGA Member
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Could be a false positive that eventually just gets lifted without anyone being notified.

Incredibly bad that people pay good money to play a game and then get treated this way. There must be some law against this kind of thing in consumer rights....
world wide game so the law is different in each country,

Sotis

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 4, 2017
Finland
Opened another ticket and suggested that my kd rise would be the reason for my ban. Got this answer:

"Hello Survivor,

Thank you for writing to PUBG Support.

We apologize but we can only give you the same answer as before.

We do not have any new information to provide on the status of the account. The account has been checked and a violation of unauthorized programs has been confirmed. We do not provide any further details on the violation due to security reasons

If you continue to send tickets regarding this, we can only provide you with the same answer."

So, now i get answer where it says that "unauthorized programs has been confirmed". Of course, they don't tell what program and you can't find a list from internet, only people guessing them. Again, i have no cheats/hacks installed in my pc. I started to check what i have in my pc and found Reshader installation package, which i did use when it was allowed 2017/2018 and uninstalled when they they denied use of it, but the package was still there. People also write that programs that write macros like Razer gaming softaware could get you banned. Well, i have Logitech gaming software installed because i use Logitech keyboard and mouse. I have bind keys by this program and i use it to change my mouse DPI, but haven't got any macros installed (i have never even considered that i could get banned because of Logitech gaming software). So, i have two possible programs on my pc what may or not may cause ban. First, the Reshader is not even in use, just sits in the downloads folder. Second, Logitech gaming software, which is in daily normal use, no macros in use.

No word from BattleEye yet.

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
Feb 2, 2014
Reshade could well be the cause. If I remember correctly in reshade you can bind a key which let you zoom in and that caused the ban on reshade.

Sotis

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 4, 2017
Finland
Reshade could well be the cause. If I remember correctly in reshade you can bind a key which let you zoom in and that caused the ban on reshade.
I'm sure that i uninstalled the Reshade when it was brought up that it is not allowed and that happened somewhere 2017/2018. According to devsletter, Bunghole has tightened their anticheat-systems this July and it seems that their anticheat program digs quite deep people computers, but getting banned for having a old install package on your "downloads"folder...it sucks big time.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
I suspect that even if you know its Reshader or another macro and uninstall it all and all its legacies you'll still get nowhere with appealing. All you can hope is that by scouring your HDD for the software that you don't fall foul of this in the next game you pick up. Its a kick in the teeth especially when you know you've done nothing wrong but its clear they aren't going to rescind their decision. I can imagine how you must feel.

JackaL-Scot

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Apr 12, 2015
Glasgow
it wont be logitech software i use it myslef and software like this would not be picked up as cheating. battle eye and other anti cheat software normally runs as a service on your computer even when not playing any of the games that use it. like you said you used to use it before it was outlawed by the game so its possible that battleye has picked up files remaining on your hard drive. all it takes is someone to report you for something stupid and they look at files scanned by battleye and its game over.