GPU Fail!

W3LSH

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 5, 2020
Was playing a few rounds last night with Clown and Meanie until the game locked up! I did finally managed to close it down but then had trouble relaunching it for a while :confused: I finally got the game launched but then only managed to play one round before the PC shut down and wouldn't restart :mad: I just kept getting a black screen on boot, not even a Bios boot menu! Today I did however managed to find out the problem it seems to be the GPU so I've contacted Scan and I need to send it back for further testing. Looks like I'm going to be out of gaming scene for the next week or so till I get this sorted. :stabby: I do however have a spare card I can use in the meantime its just not worthy enough for Modern Warefare but ok for TS and general tasks.

W3LSH

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 5, 2020
I have ordered another card for temporary use nothing special just a cheap 1650 super but I can then also use that then in my dedicated stream build once I get my card back or replaced. That should arrive in the next few days I hope :(

Reactions: Clown

Meanie

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2016
Was playing a few rounds last night with Clown and Meanie until the game locked up! I did finally managed to close it down but then had trouble relaunching it for a while :confused: I finally got the game launched but then only managed to play one round before the PC shut down and wouldn't restart :mad: I just kept getting a black screen on boot, not even a Bios boot menu! Today I did however managed to find out the problem it seems to be the GPU so I've contacted Scan and I need to send it back for further testing. Looks like I'm going to be out of gaming scene for the next week or so till I get this sorted. :stabby: I do however have a spare card I can use in the meantime its just not worthy enough for Modern Warefare but ok for TS and general tasks.
Just a thought but I've heard turning it on and off then putting the whole tower upside down generally helps fix the problem.

• Haha
Reactions: W3LSH

W3LSH

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 5, 2020
Yeah i had this version RX 5700 XT DPD are collecting it tomorrow for further testing was a strange one to be fair :confused:

W3LSH

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 5, 2020
Had to cancel to order for the 1650 super it would have taken 2 weeks to arrive :/ i did manage to order a 1660 yesterday tho and i received it today so at least I'm back in the game for now until I get my main card back ;)