Have you read the EULA for Origin as much as I did?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
Cheers for the heads up Tinny, i shall be contacting EA as this is against any privacy policy whatsoever.

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
Guess you have never read the EULA for steam,Punkbuster,Itunes..............

Its pretty much the same with anything you install these days.

Tbh I think all this has blown up because of the steam fanboi's who think it is the best thing ever! Its getting bloody annoying now!

(Not a go at you Tinhead,just a rant in general)

Tinhead_Ausf_B

New User
Jun 20, 2011
Hamburg, Germany
No offense taken. As I said elsewhere, I pretty much assume I signed away my privacy a hundred times. And to be honest I can't really be arsed to read EULAs from top to bottom when I want to play... ;)
That's certainly played on by companies.
I also agree with you on the fanboi issue but I am still grateful some people go, read it and point it out to sheep like me...;)

smeeheee

New User
Dec 26, 2010
i think the steam one is a little tighter, E.g. they can only do stuff based on their software. Origin's is looser gives them the right to scan your whole PC for whatever they like....

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Well, BF3 and TOR are both EA flagship games and I currently have origin installed as was in the alpha BF3 test.

Not sure about BF3 specifically but I do know that TOR doesn't require you to have origin installed to play it as confirmed by the lead community relations guy:
Originally Posted by StephenReid
Regardless of what other games may choose to do in their integration with Origin's desktop client, here's what our situation is:

You are not required to use the Origin desktop client to download, patch or play the game client for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

This applies whether you purchase The Old Republic via Origin.com or from a retailer in boxed form. You will not be forced to install the Origin desktop client.

There are still various consumer benefits to the client itself, but it's not required for The Old Republic.

has anyone seen a confirmation from the devs or community team for BF3 to suggest origin must be installed/running if for example you have a hard copy pf the game, or buy it through steam?

darcy67

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 7, 2010
United Kingdom
Tbh EA have been doing this since 2142.

As long as they can't actually get any private information like CC numbers etc (remember they already have most of your details anyway) then it's not really going to stop me buying the game.

TheHitman04

Aug 31, 2010
Consett, Co Durham
tldr.jpg

D0ggE!

Donator
Jun 28, 2010
Gloucester
As people have said it makes no difference if you want the games then you accept all the crap that comes with it. Its typical EA again rofl!!

S

Swifty_Capone

As people have said it makes no difference if you want the games then you accept all the crap that comes with it. Its typical EA again rofl!!

+1

It is not right, but the choice is either all get together and refuse (NOT going to happen) or just roll over as per usual and have our belleh's stroked...

:)