Hello TOGA

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

WallytheDog

New User
Apr 30, 2013
Montreal Canada
Love your server... fun times with fun people... Only one thing I hate though, AUTO-BALANCE...lol

Is it possible to change that so people don't get swapped at the end of a game like I was tonight? I was switched to losing team with 66 tickets left... Kind of takes the fun out of the game.

Thank you guys

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
No one likes being balanced lol
I thought the minimum tickets was higher then that so just checked and found its set to not balance below 50
I have just changed it to 100

West

Beach009

New User
Apr 30, 2013
~~~~\0/~~~~ Hi ppl, As Wally says, good server and thank you for admin activity. But first to die balance is a pain in the butt if you are playing in a squad with friends. :-( :iagree:

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
Hi Beach
The balance is set that way because it used to just kill some one and move them this was annoying and players did not understand why the were killed causing them to get abusive etc
That and getting balanced while flying or taking a flag or in the middle of a battle is not good and well wrong.

It is set so it should not move when clan tags are the same in a squad but is obviously being overridden by the first to be killed rule.

Its the same for every one with no white list so even members and admin get balanced.

This is I believe the fairest way to balance the server but no method is perfect and we cant please every one every time, we no longer get asked why was I admin killed? etc

West

Stun

New User
Jun 25, 2012
Brighton
This is I believe the fairest way to balance the server but no method is perfect and we cant please every one every time, we no longer get asked why was I admin killed? etc

West

Id like to back Westy up here, ive been on 100's of servers and balancing comes in all different extremes and none are ultimately fair but I reckon our server is a near as you will get. Unfortunately DICE failed us big time on this issue and its one that's come from BattleField Bad Company Two to BF3 and plonked into the laps of server owners, in fact if it wernt for clever people who made these server plugins most public servers would wind up empty every other game.

Either way its great to see you both enjoying our servers regularly, I personally am happy to switch myself as soon as I die if I see things unbalanced and it taking time to pan out :)

Drungly

New User
Aug 19, 2012
Agreed on West as well. The system on the server now is the fairest it can get.

Oh and I'll happily switch along with Stun to balance the teams out.

WallytheDog

New User
Apr 30, 2013
Montreal Canada
Thank you guys for your replies... And I know that no system is perfect... The fact that you changed it not to balance under 100 tickets is already better... Is there a way to balance the last person who joined the server instead of the first person to die? I'm just asking as I think I wouldn't mind as much being balanced if I had been on server last than played the whole game and being balanced at the end.... Like I said, just asking... Appreciate all the efforts you guys put in your server and answering our questions... :)

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
As players join they would join the smallest team unless they join on a friend.
As explained the other way would mean server killing a player and moving them at least this way it waits for a player to be killed.

The old way upset loads of players
not balancing is the worst of all options

I was balanced this evening when playing with a squad of togans, mildly frustrating but one of those things