Impressions from motorcycle trip in Norway (south-western part), summer 2017

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

coolhand

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Sep 4, 2013
Bergen, Norway
Here are som impressions from this years big adventure: The annual (from 2004) motorcycle trip with my friends. This year we were 6 bikers making the road unsafe. We are all young lads: 43, 44, 45, 54, 55 and 64 years old.

We went from Bergen to Dalen. The onwards to Aal, and onwards to Lom. From there to Urke, and back again to Laerdal, and finally home to Bergen.

We stayed in camping sites, renting cabins. This is not expensive, and the cabins are usually very well equipped with full kitchen, bathrooms, etc.

What a trip!!!!!

All packed up and ready to go.jpg Arrived at the cabin in the mountains.jpg Playing Petanque, like the pensioners we are.jpg Selfie.jpg The cook, aka Cool-Hand, in action.jpg WIld and wet, from the lake Joelstravatnet.jpg The lonely road, from Oersta.jpg Barbeque-time.jpg Check out the view from the camping site.jpg Hotel Oie - local tourist attraction.jpg

Last edited:

coolhand

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Sep 4, 2013
Bergen, Norway
Awesome trip! This is deffo on my bucket list! Love the gs! How does the triumph compare?

Hi,,
Actually I have never ridden the GS. But a friend of mine has riden both the GS and the TEX. But he prefers the Ducati Multistrada :p

But I have read a bit about these bikes. For offroad use (gravel road and light terrain) the GS will win - it has a lower point oc center mass, and it has better electronics (at least compared to the pre-2016 TEX). Also, the addon list is bigger.

But for touring on paved roads, many will say that the TEX has the upper hand; It is very comfortable, has a more powerful engine than the GS, and the frame is oriented towards more sporty driving.

For an experienced driver, however, I think it boils down to personal preferencese.

I chose the TEX beacuse here everyone drives a GS. And I don't want what everyone else has....

:)

Reactions: RBob and visual3x