Mad Max : Fury Road

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Mad Max 2 was something really special & extraordinary, when I saw it for the first time in cinema over 32 years ago. They seldom show the first Mad Max from the late 70s anywhere, though it's pretty good and gives background to the big hit film. Number 3 was already a big disappointment, and the only way is down also with the remake...

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
I read,

A WORLD WITHOUT NOPE

I was, WTF, lets rewind a bit :D

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Mad Max without Mel Gibson is equal to beer without alcohol...Hmmm. Did I already say this somewhere before? -On the other hand, it's hard to imagine him back into his role of late 1970s/early 1980s :lol:

Tex Murphy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 8, 2010
Malmö, Sweden
Just got home from seeing this (3D version). I think I read a review that said some thing like: "It's like being slapped in the face for two hours. With a car". I think that sums it up, in a good way.

There's very little dialogue, it's basically a two hour car chase, two nitrous oxide filled, in your face, hours.

If you liked the Road Warrior (Mad Max 2), you got to see this.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
This clip is 5 minutes long, but it's a good one. It tells about the era, when the movies had real stunts, not just computer tricks :)

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
It was a great movie for me. It stuck to the spirit of Mad Max, without feeling old. It had good acting, great visual effects with constant action. I would definitely recommend going to the cinema for this one.