May be a stupid question.....

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

SpaceMunkeyUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
but, I can't figure out how to play with friends (insert rude joke), I jump in game but can't find the option to join you guys in your game? I think I'm getting old, it took me five minutes to find the damn exit game option! So, is there an easy way to get in to game and then join you guys in yours?

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
If you press Escape, then go to the Online menu, it should have the option Join friends, just below the option Join crewmembers. It'll try to find a session that has people on your Social Club friends list in it.

SpaceMunkeyUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Cheers, gave that a go the other day but didn't work, maybe it was already full, will keep trying when I'm online though. Would be cool if you could have a server world on there. Still loving playing with strangers though :p

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
You could also hit the "home" button (the one above "end"). click on a name and then there will be an option to join game.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Is it right that if you guys are in a mission then it wont allow someone to join the same server you're on? I think that's whats happening to me mostly.

So I've actually only managed to see Mando cruising around in all my time online. All I otherwise see are punks who drive by with RPG's or SMG's and I don't really stand much of a chance with a pistolero lol (only just got to level 5). One douche took me out as I was standing at the cash point depositing my cash so it wouldn't get nicked if I died. Talk about irony!

On the whole the servers are emptier than Id have thought too. the most Ive seen on the map on one is around 5 people. Where are the masses?

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Actually I have seen you driving yesterday. When we are on a mission it's possible you can't join. Sometimes you can spectate. Not sure why that isn'tisn't always an option. I think max players in one session is 30.

Pro tip: use your phone to bank your money.

NePa5

New User
Jul 5, 2010
Leeds, UK
Dont waste time going to atm's,open the phone,select internet and go to money,click on the bank and deposit from there(takes about 5 secs once you get used to it,and is MUCH safer than running to a atm)

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Took a night off last night - couldnt face getting randomly repeatedly killed for another night on the trot lol

I'll take another look at the phone. I did hear over TS someone mention it at the weekend and I looked but couldnt see the bank/deposit thing.

SithOllie

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 7, 2015
Took a night off last night - couldnt face getting randomly repeatedly killed for another night on the trot lol

I'll take another look at the phone. I did hear over TS someone mention it at the weekend and I looked but couldnt see the bank/deposit thing.

Go to the internet on your phone and under money and services is maze bank :)

Reactions: Binary