Music and Video Rig

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

ftpdoug

New User
Jan 10, 2015
Looking through some old odds n'sods I've got lying about and decided I'm going to make a dedicated sff rig for making me bangin' choonz and substandard YouTube videos..

First on the list is the power supply.. Using my old EVGA SuperNova 750. Which I'm currently braiding black and green.. Because of reasons!

DSC_0128.JPG

Mmm, lovely braidy goodness!

DSC_0131%2B%25281%2529.JPG

Some sore fingers after..

Will keep popping updates on as/when I build :)

Reactions: Quic

TommyJay

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 4, 2014
Nice sleeving job Doug! Always like to see people who spend time on making their system look good

ftpdoug

New User
Jan 10, 2015
Using Reason mate. putting my drums through EZ Drum.. Got about $1000 worth of add-ons (mostly useless) when I got my drums, keyboard and pads, so just needed to fork out the £300 for the official copy of Reason and it's sorted. Getting a lot of tips and info from a guy called Dave Brown (wwwboyinabandcom) on YouTube. Making it all worthwhile.. Just need to make sure my tunes aren't crap now! lol

Reactions: Mandoscottie

Mandoscottie

New User
Jan 21, 2012
Forfar, Scotland
Lol i hear that. I built my own huge sample set and performed a couple of times at mates parties with fruity n dekkadance, stemmed from mispent 20s djing underground raves :p tayside police still on the lookout for me n 2 mates for hosting after club parties in angus in the 90s ;) charleston house estate just outside montrose was our biggest ;) next to OPITB center ;)

I jacked vsts etc in just dont have the time to mess around these days.

My hero is beardyman such a talented human beatbox and with his korg samplers he has to be seen live!

deadmaus was a fruity user.

Flogged my korg nano pads last year used them to control FL studio. Bought producers edition.

Last edited:

ftpdoug

New User
Jan 10, 2015
I chose the case.. Aerocool Dead Silence. It's a bit of a squeeze, but things are popping in ok. I bought a GT 730 as I wasn't wanting to go graphics heavy, but then I stumbled on some old bits and bobs and found an AMD 6970, which will be good for a bit of mining in its down time ;)

Also went for a bit of water cooling action, again, keeping costs down I'm just using old bits I have spare and the lovely white tubing is really easy to work with.

CPU is an i7 2600k, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz Vengeance Red memory. Motherboard is another one I had lying around - ASRock H61M-VG3, drives going in are 2 old 240GB SanDisk Extreme, will ship up in RAID0 with a 500GB HDD storage drive for sh*ts and giggles.. Also popped in an Audigy FX card, but will become redundant as I've got a Sound Blaster X7 coming in to beef sh*t up!

Water block for the CPU is an old EK Supreme and the block and backplate for the GPU is the EK FC6970.. The pump I had to buy new, didn't want to spend too much on it, so went for the cheapest combo around (no space for drive bay pump/res) the Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic. Pretty good for a pump and res all in for £25! The rad is another spare that was kicking around, Black Ice GT Stealth 240.. I had EK 240 rads kicking about, but for handling both CPU and GPU, they don't quite have the same performance. They're also 10mm thicker. Doesn't sound a lot, but when you're working in a tiny mini ITX case, you need all the space you can get!

Anyway, here's a little picture update. Don't mind the cable ties, they're only in until the tubing is complete and the combs can go in without getting knocked out all over the place!

2015%2B-%2B1