1. Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  2. If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Netflix - What are you watching and what's good?

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by six-shooter, Nov 3, 2016.

1. six-shooter

six-shooter
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Currently, I am watching Outlander on Netflix, it's a great series and I'm really enjoying it.
    I used to watch The Walking Dead, but because of recent developments in the story-line, I am not watching it anymore.

2. XharKhan

XharKhan
    Expand Collapse
    Server Admin
    Server Admin TOGA Member

Stranger Things, awesome show. Kind of a mix between tales of the unexpected/flight of the navigator/twilight zone.
    Luke Cage, only seen a couple but its decent enough if you like Marvel
    Jessica Jones, as above if you like Marvel.
    Dare Devil, marvel, two seasons...good show.
    Hannibal, the BEST suits, plus compelling viewing...not marvel.

3. MattyD

MattyD
    Expand Collapse
    BF4 Captain
    Staff Member Tactician Server Admin TOGA Member News Reporter

House of Cards, Stranger Things and Narcos are great and I reckon probably the Best Netflix original series.

Stranger things is good but what's best is the 1980's movie type Nostalgia feel to it, it's spot on.. the kids remind me of the Goonies but more serious!

The Marvel stuff on Netflix is far better than Marvel stuff on other channels.

The missus loves Orange is the new Black as well.

XharKhan likes this.
  4. Agentbuster

Agentbuster
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

I recently finished all seven series of The Sons of Anarchy, could not stop watching it, awesome show! Now watching Vikings, just about to start series 4. But still lots of good shows to try and watch.

5. Clown

Clown
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

Just watched Cockneys V Zombies (again) can't understand why it's only got 2.5 stars on Netflix. Richard Bryers in a zombie film you can't go wrong.

6. Quic

Quic
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

The Walking dead all seasons, this has to be my favorite series:) it had its ups and downs but season 7 started really good:)..

Narco's, awesome series, somewhere in the second season at the moment..

Sons of Anarchy, one of my favorite series still havent watched the last 2 episodes..

Spartacus, finished it and really liked it..

7. XharKhan

XharKhan
    Expand Collapse
    Server Admin
    Server Admin TOGA Member

Holy cow, Westworld. Just finished it...amazing show, so well written and the the acting was absolutely top drawer.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

8. MattyD

MattyD
    Expand Collapse
    BF4 Captain
    Staff Member Tactician Server Admin TOGA Member News Reporter

A few new Netflix Originals available.

Shooter - A good series about an ex US marine sniper, full of conspiracy that is quite predictable but still worth the watch. Currently 4 episodes available. I'd say 7/10

Designated Survivor - Starring Kiefer Sutherland but it's no 24! Still good though, political conspiracy show but with a more unique starting point where the entire US congress is killed leaving good old Kiefer to become president. 8 or 9 episodes available. 7/10

Frequency - A cop show with a twist, the twist being time! Lots of bits and pieces about changing timelines etc but kept reasonably simple. An easy watch if you like cop shows with an air of something extra to the standard. 8 or 9 episodes available. 6/10

9. Sotis

Sotis
    Expand Collapse
    Applicant
    Applicant

Haven't ordered Netflix yet, but when this is aired i will have it:

10. XharKhan

XharKhan
    Expand Collapse
    Server Admin
    Server Admin TOGA Member

I liked Marvel Defenders, but then I'm a 5 year old comic fan in a 41 year old's body, so not a shocker really.

Star Trek Discovery seems interesting, I'm also a lifelong trek fan. This is a very serious deviation from canon in some respects, but it is also quite compelling...should have had episode 3 (last Monday's) as the pilot and had episodes 1 and 2 as flashbacks to establish the characters, but its still compelling.

I've liked all the Marvel character establishing series (except Luke Cage, I thought that was just ponderous and bland, but I really liked him in Defenders and didn't think much of Danny Rand)...

Obviously the OA and Stranger Things, season 2 of Stranger things starts on 27th October...I wont be sleeping that weekend between Destiny 2 launch and that launching on Netflix...

Really enjoyed the 13th, which is a documentary about US civil rights/incarceration and the 13th amendment (which bans slavery, unless...)

And I've been watching season 3 of DS9 again...because I'm a masive trek fan :)

Looking forward to Punisher, loved him in DareDevil season 2, just the right mix of mad and calculated...very good.

11. Achilles_nl

Achilles_nl
    Expand Collapse
    Applicant
    Applicant

Superhero stuff :stabby:. Seriously hasnt that genre been milked enough already. Seems like that's the only type of movie running in cinema's these days.

Watched a lot of series on Netflix. Don't even remember half tbh:
    Narcos
    Designated survivor
    House of Cards
    Homeland
    Son's of Anarchy
    Fargo
    Better Call Saul
    The Killing

There's also some good documentaries like Particle Fever, Cocaine Cowboys, one about concentration camps can't remember the name.

12. XharKhan

XharKhan
    Expand Collapse
    Server Admin
    Server Admin TOGA Member

Yeah I know what you mean, I am a huge comic/superhero/scifi fan though so it plays to my tastes and I'm not complaining. Plus I think the Netflix series are trying to do something slightly different to the movies, a bit more relatable to a home audience maybe. In fairness of the current movie crop I've been to see IT and Dunkirk and I'm loosely booked to see both Kingsman the Golden Circle and Bladerunner...thats not to say I'm ignoring Ragnarock, because I love the Thor character and to be honest Hemsworth's depiction of it, but I'm probably most excited about The Last Jedi at the end of the year at this point.

I cant bring myself to go see Justice League though, it just feels like DC cant string a cohesive story together (Wonder Woman being almost (or at least closest too) the exception).

13. Achilles_nl

Achilles_nl
    Expand Collapse
    Applicant
    Applicant

Yeah I never been a big comic fan tbh. Like some of em movies like the latest Wolvering and the Xmen first gen movies weren't bad but I skip most the other stuff personally. Did you already see that Star Trek series that Netflix exclusive one? Wanna know if it's any good.

14. Clown

Clown
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

Yes, it is very good, wasn't expecting it to be and it's a lot different from previous StarTrek series.

15. Achilles_nl

Achilles_nl
    Expand Collapse
    Applicant
    Applicant

Allright good to know. I'll defo give that a try then. Quite liked all the rebooted Star Trek stuff.

16. visual3x

visual3x
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

it's ok yes, still getting into it..... try tin star.... weird sky produced serie...

17. XharKhan

XharKhan
    Expand Collapse
    Server Admin
    Server Admin TOGA Member

Yeah Star Trek Discovery is quite good, it is a bit of a (well its a huge) departure from established series canon and i suspect they're taking a similar line to the Abrams rebooted movies...its good to watch though and i can completely see why as an "action TV show" it would appeal to a whole new and more diverse fanbase than the original shows.

its well worth a watch but if you dont like the first couple I would urge you to make it through episode 4, if after that its not for you I think thats as much of a crack as you can give it.

18. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse
    Clan Founder
    Staff Member Server Admin TOGA Member

As a life long Trek fan, I am enjoying Discovery a lot, but why is she called Michael? :bored:

19. darcy67

darcy67
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

To be different for the sake of it?

20. Clown

Clown
    Expand Collapse
    TOGA MEMBER
    TOGA Member

It's her name.