New Cod

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
So did anyone get it? and what do you think

i did and

tbh its just a rehash of old maps yeah battle royal is new but they should have put in larger maps and different game play/modes as there are only 3 to choose from i think that they have missed out ....i think BF5 will be a better buy and more challenging more weapons more modes of play

i think that it will be another game in my list that i wont play much

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I am waiting for bf5 I hope it will be good but I do feel the bf type games have gone off track

Reactions: SomeOldGit

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Sorry not for me - it's got to be a game with dedi servers and admins :) WW3 could be it for TOGA, maybe, provided that they'll get pass the early access phase.

Reactions: SomeOldGit

Torched

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
I'm debating on getting it.

so far not many on my friendslist I see playing it. So holding off a little.

SomeOldGit

Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
ive got it but still not sure they need to put bigger maps on it then it would be back to the good old days

i think they may have had issues on the release or just screwed up as all of the other modes weren't available on the release day

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
I have it. Didn't realise there were some old maps from earlier Bops days, but I don't mind that tbh. It helps to start with but I there still doesn't appear to be any perk to give me more skill.....I suck :)

Reactions: ShadowFax75

SomeOldGit

Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
there are perks just play for a bit then unlock them at different levels same with the guns ........im just to slow for this game :)

Clown

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 14, 2015
Wales
Still playing COD WWII, it's COD, it's fast and I get to swear a lot at Russians, Germans, Italians and especially the French, I have also found out that my mother is very sexually promiscuous with a lot of people from all over the world, not bad for a 79-year-old with dementia.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
...I have also found out that my mother is very sexually promiscuous with a lot of people from all over the world, not bad for a 79-year-old with dementia.

This is exactly the reason why I've given up playing any shooters without admin servers...Taking a trip down the memory lane, long ago, people started the game wishing good luck, congratulated others for their nice shots or for some other excellent performance; at the end everyone wrote gg, no matter on which side you were. There was no name calling, you could kill someone without being cursed for using a noob weapon, game style was free, etc. etc...That was also the era, when small kids were not playing on computers.

Reactions: Binary

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
In most games you can just hide the chat ;-)
On a sidenote, I've heard Ubisoft is actually banning people on Rainbow 6 for abusive chat

Reactions: darcy67

darcy67

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 7, 2010
United Kingdom
Are there any recent shooters out there where you can admin a server now?

Like Shadow says, you can hide it or ignore it, it shouldn't stop you playing because someone calls someone a bad name!

Reactions: ShadowFax75

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
True of course what you say, Shadow and darcy. I guess some of the latest admin server shooters have been Rising Storm series, they were fun and long ago lol, I don't know much about the others.

darcy67

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 7, 2010
United Kingdom
It's a shame that gaming has progressed down this road and you're right about the vitriol you get online. I usually find it funny now as it's just immature folk.