New soundcard!

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!
I had about 4 different cheap soundcards last 1.5 years. Which altogether cost about €50. One after the other broke down or had other weird issues.
I now bought a ASUS Xonar U7, and after a little tweaking and googling, got the Echelon versions software to work (at least mostly). Then things started to go bad again (this time software related), and decided that the Echelon software was not worth the issues.

Currently I have it running perfectly!
As a side-note; My Logitech G430 headset got delivered with a small USB-type soundcard. I always heard myself talking and had loads of noise when I had the microphone-switch to ON.
I now did away with the Logitech soundcard, and use it with the front-jacks of my Xonar U7, bliss sound, no noise, not hearing myself! And with a easy click/tap on top of my soundcard, I can switch between my BOSE-speakers and my headset! PERFECT!