BF2042 poll !

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

BF2042 will rock big time! What's your plan right now?

• Preordered! Now, what’s keeping them?

• No preorder, but I’ll defo buy it and be there!

• Waiting for your feedback before deciding anything.

• Nope, not for me. Period.

• -On second thought I might, but I just don't know yet...

Results are only viewable after voting.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Time to raise the flags and enter the Battlefield! A small questionnaire to refresh the thoughts and plans, who’s going to join the full frontal right from the start and who might be coming in the second wave.

Now, go and fulfill your duty :hatsoff:

Last edited:

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I havent bought it yet but will do before the launch but not gold so wont have early access

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I pre-ordered gold, so I will be playing this weekend. And I will probably have some days off on the 18th and 19th of November.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
I'll be there from the start to get an overview of the Breakthrough maps.

SomeOldGit

Match and social organiser
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Mar 28, 2010
stevenage
I just happened to have 12th & 15th off then a week off from the 22nd :lol::lol: cant imagine what ill be doing

I think its a 8am GMT kick off what a way to start the day

Reactions: Binary

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
I have the 12th booked off to play it a bit but will also be going to cinema to see Dune whilst it's empty to avoid Death by COVID!
I watched Dune on Popcorn time the other week. Honestly didn't know it wasn't the whole book which was a disappointment, so I guess its a two part job, maybe even three (if they ever end up making the rest). I thought it was good and as good as I remember the original being but I wouldn't say it was better.

EDIT...shyzer - I hope you knew it wasn't the whole film! Everyone else Ive spoken to knew. They're like "Duh didnt you know that?".

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
I watched Dune on Popcorn time the other week. Honestly didn't know it wasn't the whole book which was a disappointment, so I guess its a two part job, maybe even three (if they ever end up making the rest). I thought it was good and as good as I remember the original being but I wouldn't say it was better.

EDIT...shyzer - I hope you knew it wasn't the whole film! Everyone else Ive spoken to knew. They're like "Duh didnt you know that?".
I hated the original movie so I'm seeing this one under protest! No clue about the book either :bored:

Caramoon

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 14, 2015
i quite enjoyed the new Dune but was pretty gutted its only part 1.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 203322 (2).jpg

Will be on the early access soon as i have finished work and will be good to play some BF again.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
I just happened to have 12th & 15th off then a week off from the 22nd :lol::lol: cant imagine what ill be doing

I think its a 8am GMT kick off what a way to start the day
As Mrs McT is away for the whole weekend, I have no idea idea what to do...Just kidding! :lol: (I'll be joining at 12 GMT)

Reactions: SomeOldGit

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
I didn't want to pre-order, but I expect to play when it comes out. The betas didn't work very well for me. Lot's of crashes and bugs.

RuntimeTom

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 12, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
I haven't pre-ordered, and given the price and availability of GPUs nowadays I think I'll wait for some benchmarks on GTX1080 before deciding. But I'm very interested to see how this one turns out. There's lots of promise.

Reactions: Zero

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
I haven't pre-ordered, and given the price and availability of GPUs nowadays I think I'll wait for some benchmarks on GTX1080 before deciding. But I'm very interested to see how this one turns out. There's lots of promise.
I've got GTX 980 Ti :oops-13: Had no probs whatsoever in beta though. Not going to invest for new GPU as long as dropping the frame quality helps :lol: