• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

NVIDIA Releases Battlefield 3 Beta Drivers, 38% Performance Boost

Lamb

New User
As promised, NVIDIA has just released 285.38 beta drivers, which are optimized for Battlefield 3. The release notes say they will provide a 38% performance boost in Battlefield 3 as well as increased stability, image quality and an SLI profile. AMD BF3 optimized drivers should be out today as well.

What’s New in Version 285.38

• Increased performance in Battlefield 3 by up to 38%.
  • Improved overall stability and image quality in Battlefield 3.
  • Improved compatibility and performance for RAGE.
  • Added or updated SLI profiles for Battlefield 3, Dead Island, Diablo III,
    Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: The Run, and Saints Row: The Third.
  • Fixed a performance regression in 285.27 beta running Crysis 2 (DirectX
    9).
Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit Issues Resolved
  • GeForce 500 series: Battlefield: Bad Company 2–the game stutters in certain
    maps after several minutes of gameplay.
  • GeForce GTX 560 Ti: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 –there is corruption on the
    edges of some objects when Transparency AA is enabled.
  • [SLI], 3DTV Play, GeForce 500 series: With SLI enabled using 3DTV Play, the
    mouse cursor flickers and shakes on the main menu of various 3D games, such as
    Crysis 2, Battlefield Company 2, Dues X, and Civilization 5.
Drivers can be downloaded from http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/38108

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Cool - will give these a whirl when I get in tonight :)

Thanks for the update Lamb.

S

Swifty_Capone

Nice one Lamb.

Invidia...The way it is meant to be played you AMD biatchs :D :ph34r:

AMD Realease Notes on BF3 BETA ----> www.nvidia.com

lol ;)

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nice one Lamb.

Invidia...The way it is meant to be played you AMD biatchs :D :ph34r:

AMD Realease Notes on BF3 BETA ----> www.nvidia.com

lol ;)

AMD hotfixed the current driver rather than release a new driver for the game...
oh and I'm getting 80 fps on ultra at 1680x1050...will let you know how it goes at 1920x1200 after I get my new monitor :p

S

Swifty_Capone

AMD hotfixed the current driver rather than release a new driver for the game...
oh and I'm getting 80 fps on ultra at 1680x1050...will let you know how it goes at 1920x1200 after I get my new monitor :p

That my friend is good news, even if you are an AMD whore :D

Which monitor did you finally go for amigo?

Aloha from Dubai :)

Tex Murphy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
I had stability issues on my factory overclocked 560 Ti using the 280.26 drivers and had to go back to 275.xx. Anyone else who experienced this and can tell if the 285 drivers are better?

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Got no problems with my DS Superclocked 560TI Tex on the new beta drivers. ALthough the screen will flash white on and off occasionally

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
i had the option, when installing them, to do a clean install. I'd suggest doing that aswell

Tjay

New User
Holy smoke, I got a gtx275, looks like I need to save up for an upgrade........darn it!

Tjay

New User
I got a gtx275, looks like I'm gonna be outclocked....guess have to save up for an upgrade!

Tex Murphy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Tried the drivers for a few games (was fun by the way) and they were stable. Card was working at 98% pretty much the whole time, probably due to not being able to turn on v-sync.

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Good to hear Tex. I never turn stuff like that on anyway lol. You can't change much in the options at the moment, it all seems pretty fixed. A bit of tweaking will most likely be required on release methinks

Sent from my BlackBerry because I'm too lazy to walk to my pc!