Only B2K maps in rotation?

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

westonwarrior

Clan Leader
Staff member
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jul 11, 2010
Weston-super-Mare
I agree
The theory was that the newer maps were holding the players but i would like some of the old maps too

I don't like wake island at all :(
I would like to see damavand peake ( or how ever its spelt)
Noshar cannals, grand bazzar, firestorm too
to ring the changes a bit

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
I was asked today if we'd be putting some of the old maps back on.
To be honest it's getting boring very quickly

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
I agree
The theory was that the newer maps were holding the players but i would like some of the old maps too

I don't like wake island at all :(
I would like to see damavand peake ( or how ever its spelt)
Noshar cannals, grand bazzar, firestorm too
to ring the changes a bit

You are the BF3 Captain - Make it so ;)

Master

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 28, 2011
dark side of the moon
The server has been doing fine on the mixed maps with most on 2 rounds so you can play each side and its been doing very well over christmas and moved up around 300 places
so after speaking to weston and black on this, this is how we would like to keep it for now.

So the maps are as follows Sharqi Peninsula, Strike at karkand, gulf of oman, Grand Bazaar, Caspin Border, Seine Crossing, operation firestorm, Noaharhr canals, damavand Peak 2 rounds each

Please dont change the maps or settings without speaking to me, west or Black first thanks.

Brocass

New User
Dec 14, 2011
Hi everyone. I agree with you all that having the vanilla maps back in rotation was a good idea as even though I love the b2k maps they do become boring playing just them alone.

I did wonder why you haven't included Kharg Island though as it would fit in nicely between Noshahr Canals and Damavand Peak if choosing a large then small map rotation. I would also have liked to see Wake Island back on there as I also didn't like it at first but if you give it some time it does grow on you and does of course increase the variety.

I also agree with this comment by Zero on another thread: "stock maps should still only be played one round each. 2 rounds is pointless unless it's conquest assault (aka B2K maps)."

Also..... The reason I popped by was to ask if you would be interested in using some "classic" BF2 settings, such as:

Friendly Fire - ON
Kill Cam - OFF
Regenerate Health - OFF

As those settings really do help to promote teamwork and make people think a bit more.

And possibly these:
Squad Leader Spawn - ON
3D Spotting - OFF

I'm not a great fan of 3D spotting but can live with it, and also with some of the new playerbase the squad leader only spawn can be a problem if your squad leader is a sniper that is hiding miles away from the action and you are losing flags! Currently being able to spawn on anyone can be a bit rubbish requiring you to kill an entire squad or more to protect a flag. But both these options have their pro's and cons and without more advanced options for squads like being able to kick someone from it or even demote them makes it a bit trickier.

Would using any settings other than default lead to your server being less populated or do you think you already have enough regulars for that not to affect you?

Or do you simply not like them? (No hard feelings if you disagree!)
Do you guys come from a BF2 background?

Cheers,

Brocass

New User
Dec 14, 2011
Cheers for the reply and consideration mate.

It was VERY busy on your server tonight. Took me ages just to get on!

I would like to push Zero's opinion once more though regarding the smaller vanilla maps going in for a second round is more often than not a bit of a chore and often the reason I decide I've had enough for the night.

Master

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 28, 2011
dark side of the moon
Sorry just seen your post hence the late reply, come on Ts tomorrow evening and we can discuss this mater in more detail with me and the other bf3 captains on at the time.