Picaroon (MMO RTS in closed beta)

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Montaigne

New User
May 19, 2010
Hi all,

I've not really been around these past couple of weeks as I have pretty constantly been absorbed in Picaroon.

It's a game where you start on an island in a large sea dotted with islands. You build up the buildings on the island in the typical RTS style in order to get bigger and better ships that enable you to conquer other islands:

http://www.picaroonthegame.com/

The aim is to obviously conquer the map, making alliances along the way with other players.

I've been explaining about TOGA to the producer of the game who has also been playing in the same server as myself. I mentioned how I thought that this game would appeal to a fair few players due to us all being mature gamers and also a fair few of us being interested in strategy gaming/World of Tanks.

This chap has said he can rustle up 40-80 beta keys for TOGA members and TOGA official friends should there be the interest so I'm just putting this post up for that very purpose.

It looks like he will also be making a clan app's as the TOGA premise appeals, by the sounds of it :)

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Good work Monty - I like it that people are interested in growing TOGA toward other gaming styles even If I dont play them myself.

I know I really should try to play something other than FPS games at some stage.......soon perhaps ;)

If you are interested in taking on a role of developing the clan with this game and recruiting for it like ShadowWolf has done for World of Tanks, plz let me know and we can get something rolling :)

Montaigne

New User
May 19, 2010
If you are interested in taking on a role of developing the clan with this game and recruiting for it like ShadowWolf has done for World of Tanks, plz let me know and we can get something rolling :)

yeah, sounds good. It looks like their chief technology officer/producer may be putting in a clan app' so it would be good to get a TOGA presence in the game. It's also going to be free to play.

It's the sort of game that you can pick up and put down again i.e. give orders in your lunch time and your ships will hopefully have traversed the map by the time you get home.

At the moment I think it takes about 10 hrs to get a ship from one end of the beta map to the other. They have about 60 players in this game but the bigger maps, that will cater for about a 1000 players, will of course be much MUCH larger.

It's by the same people who made Time of Defiance.

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
So are people actively recruiting for this game in Beta? When is the game on full release?

Do you want to get something going on this now or later on release?

Please have a think about this and we can get stuff going etc. :)

Montaigne

New User
May 19, 2010
I haven't got any yet Supa. I just wanted to see if there would be general clan interest and I would get a load in one go.

On the other hand, if there are very few takers it shouldn't be a problem to get a small number, including for you.

Zero, I'll leave off it for now. They have a small number of players in the closed beta and although they say they are going into open beta very soon I imagine it will still be 2-4 weeks.

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
I'd be interested as well Monty, sounds a bit like Travian which I've been playing on and off while bored at work (web based RTS game).

I'd be interested in giving it a go to see what its about, and anything that can relieve the boredom when I'm at work and nothing is happening is a bonus for me :)