Pricing, Release Date, Specs and Alpha/Beta Infomation

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
connerclutsom3d.wordpress.com
homepage_news_bf1_1.png

So now that the trailer has been watched by a lot of people, I thought I would put a post up with all the relevant information for the next Battlefield installment - Battlefield 1.

Story Trailer!

Pricing & Release Date

Release Date
Battlefield 1 is due for release on the 21st of October 2016 - Worldwide!

Pricing
The game is now open for Pre-order for those of you who believe in Dice and EA and are going to buy the game no matter what.

Origin UK -
  • Battlefield 1 Ultimate - £104.98 (Hellfighter Pack, Premium, Red Baron, Lawrence of Arabia, vehicle skins and 5 Battlepacks)
  • Battlefield 1 Deluxe - £64.99 (Contains Base game, Hellfighter pack, Early Access - Start playing 3 days early, Red Baron pack, Lawrence of Arabia Pack and 5 Battlepacks)
GAME UK -
  • Battlefield 1 Collectors edition (PS4 & XBox one Only) - £179.99 (Battlefield 1 Deluxe Edition Game, 14 inch tall statue, Exclusive steel book, Exclusive cloth poster, Deck of playing cards, Messenger pigeon tube with exclusive DLC, Exclusive patch, Premium packaging)
Amazon UK -
Shadowfax's recommendation
  • G2Play Battlefield 1 Pre-order - £37.79

Premium!
Dice/EA have announced that there will be a premium model for Battlefield One. Some of us were expecting it, others were hoping they would have revised the premium model. Still, details are here!

Premium Will include:-
  • 16 New Multiplayer Maps
  • Two-week early access to each expansion pack.
  • Play as new armies like France and the Russian Empire in an upcoming expansion pack.
  • New Operations and game modes for more ways to play.
  • New elite classes and vehicles
  • 20 new weapons to use.

System Requirements

Some of us do still have machines that are a few years old and wonder if our machine will be able to play it on launch.

So far, EA/DICE have not released the PC Requirements for Battlefield 1 yet, but as soon as they do, I will post them up here.

Battlefield Insider

"Enlist today to become a Battlefield Insider by subscribing to EA’s newsletter. Get early access to the Battlefield™ 1 public beta, in-game rewards, exclusive content, and a sneak peek at news about Battlefield (plus news about other EA games, services, and events)."

So basically, if you want to play the public beta, you will have to sign up for this.

Here is the webpage for it.

Alphas & Betas
As this is DICE and EA, there is no doubt that there will be a beta. If it is just the one public beta or we also get the closed alpha remains to be seen, but keep an eye here for more information regarding alphas and betas.

Extra Information

Just looking at the GAME.co.uk website, it mentions this -

"Pre-order Battlefield™ 1 and get the Battlefield™ 1 Hellfighter Pack and 7 days early access to a map released later in 2016. The Harlem Hellfighters was one of the toughest infantry regiments in the Great War. This pack contains unique unlocks inspired by their heroic deeds.

• Hellfighter Trench Shotgun – Combat battered shotgun, etched with the Hellfighter insignia and “Men of Bronze” on the receiver and the unit number 369th on the barrel along with the carving “Go Forward or Die France 1918” on the wooden stock
  • Hellfighter M1911 – Reliable and timeless sidearm still used in action today affectionately called "old slabsides", etched with the Hellfighter insignia on the breech and "Men of Bronze" on the muzzle.
  • Hellfighter Bolo Knife – Fearsome blade etched with the Hellfighter regiment number 369ththat makes your enemy feel homesick at first sight.
  • Hellfighter Insignia – Wear this emblem to show your belonging to the elite Hellfighter unit and-in-still fear on the Battlefield."

So what this looks like is that the Hellfighter pack will be the first Premium DLC map that the Battlefield franchise is know for doing. This is pure speculation on my part however.

The Weapons of BF1

Neo has posted a website from Dice that explains the weapons of BF1 with a Q&A with the wepons deisgner of the game, Julian Schimek. Here is the link to the webpage.

Battlefield 1 Live Stream!

A live stream of a 64 man match will be going on on June the 12th! Here is the forum post with more information. This is your first chance to see the game in action!

BATTLEFIELD GAMESCOM TRAILER

Horses, Trains, Armous, Cavalry, Jeeps, Miniguns oh my!

HERE is a massive list of what is actually in the game that have been pretty much confirmed by people who were at these BF1 events such as Jackfrags and Levelcap.

See you on the battlefield.

Last edited:

GunwitchUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 24, 2010
York
Excellant post. I reckon machines a couple of years old should be ok. I'm running Fallout 4 on Ultra with an old AMD quad core phenom, 16gig ram and a evga 650 2 gig

Reactions: coolcon2000

Slanky007

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 26, 2015
HERE is a massive list of what is actually in the game that have been pretty much confirmed by people who were at these BF1 events such as Jackfrags and Levelcap.

Really liked this, thanks for the information.

Slanky007

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 26, 2015
It was just referrencing Coolcon's original post matey, I can't take the credit for it I'm afraid. :)

coolcon2000

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 15, 2014
connerclutsom3d.wordpress.com
Battlefield 1 Live Stream

Ok guys, got some news here for you all! EA have said that they will show off a live stream with 64 players on June the 12th at 2:00PM PT (10PM for us in the UK). This is during the big E3 event so no doubt some of us will be watching this stuff anyway. Here is the official post with more details!

"The First-Ever Battlefield™ 1 Multiplayer Livestream at EA Play on June 12 at 2:00PM PT

Excited to see Battlefield™ 1 in action? Tune in on June 12 at 02:00PM PT for Battlefield Squads, where 64-players will take part in the first-ever livestream of Battlefield 1 gameplay. Battlefield community members BATTLEFIELD FRIENDS – NOOB and StoneMountain64 will be serving as Team Captains, and their team rosters will include some of the most well-known YouTubers and Twitch streamers around, as well as a few special guests.

Win a Trip to EA Play

Want to win* a trip to Los Angeles to join the livestream and be among the first to play Battlefield 1? Follow @Battlefield, tweet @Battlefield with a video explaining why you should be enlisted with #BattlefieldSweepstakes by June 3 for a chance to win. See the Battlefield Squads Sweepstakes Official Rules here."

Morthor

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 8, 2014
After Star Wars, I won't be pre-ordering. But as soon as it comes out and the feedback is positive, I will be buying.

Reactions: NE0

NE0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 30, 2015
Leicester UK
euancarter.com
excellent ^ ^ also jack frags new video was quite insightful into the new pick up weapons and the horses.
ive not preordered yet but will get the game. £65 is ridiculous and I'll pay 40 for it in due course.