Prise De Tahure night map

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
Played this for the 1st time tonight and I find it a very good map.
Players are sneaky and there are so many places to hide and I had a job finding the enemy.
As my graphics card is aging now i find the game graphics are pretty stable on my Pc.
I found it very entertaining to find your way around the smashed buildings and suddenly come upon an enemy who stabs or clubs you, but when you get him back the satisfaction is great.
I did find for me it was hard to spot people because everything seemed to go so fast and my eyesight not that good now.
You guys with more up to date Pc's than mine might see a difference that i can't.
Any way I found this a good map to play so far.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Something's odd in this dlc, whenever I normally quit this particular map I get a black screen and have to use the task manager to close the whole game. This happens only in Prise de Tahure, e.g. Operations closes down normally. Restarting the computer didn't help, next step is to reinstall the whole game I guess.

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
So far Mc i have not had that trouble whilst playing this map.
My main difficulty is spotting the enemy teams.
I think your problem is game related but try a game repair before a complete re-install.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
As a matter of fact, I remembered that I had interrupted the dl and continued it later again, the dlc must have corrupted during the process. Repair did the job, thx for the reminder, there was no need for a reinstallment after all.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
It's amazing, how few people play Rush or Frontlines at least on this map. There are usually 2-3 servers with a short queue, and then about two-three dozens empty ones, which don't fill at all! It's like seeding an empty server, when you join a server with 4 players - it just doesn't get started. Shame.