Quiet Gaming Keyboards

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
Does such a think exist or is this purely a thing of witchcraft and insanity!?

My mic (blue ice thingy) picks up a lot of noice from my mech keyboard, regardless of where I position it. Because it's a condenser mic, it will even pick up the noise from a mouse farting next door!

Has anyone got or know of a gaming keyboard that is very quiet on key down/release? o_O

Sparky1984

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
it's not completely silent, you have the sound of the keys when then touch the back of the metal case but depends how hard you type. theirs no click though on the button. it is differently better than my old one but its not silent. There are you tube videos for it when they test the sound.

Reactions: Zero

Sparky1984

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member

Although this one has the Cherry Red MX and not the Brown like mine they sound the same.

(Edit: Didn't watch the whole thing, Mine doesn't appear to be scratchy or as loud with the Brown, also the light issue has been fixed so it does turn off when your PC turns off.)

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
My keyboard is completely silent i never hear anything from the keys

Untill i take my headphones off ;)

Reactions: SomeOldGit

Achilles_nl

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jul 30, 2015
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Depends mostly on the type of keys you are using. Brown ones are the silent one i think.

Or be like me and buy the
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740. It's like a laptop keyboard. Dead silent. I like it.

visual3x

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 23, 2015
Netherlands
Depends mostly on the type of keys you are using. Brown ones are the silent one i think.

Or be like me and buy the
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740. It's like a laptop keyboard. Dead silent. I like it.
Can it take some abuse? I'm looking for new keyboard...