Rate The Last Film You Watched

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

waffey73

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Jan 15, 2015
Norfolk
Last film i watched on Netflix was R.I.P.D biggest load of rubbish i have seen for ages but i found it stupidly entertaining so give this a 7 out of 10.
Cinema's too expensive for me.:lol:

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. I was a huge fan of the original series This was a slight departure from that but even so I have to say for a simple spy movie it was very very good. There was just the right amount of intrigue and comedy in the mix to carry it along and I ended up really liking all the central characters.

I'll give it a strong 8/10.

Just about to start in on Hitman:Agent 47, bound to be another movie which fails to live up to the awesomeness of the game...

Zero

Clan Founder
Staff member
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
News Reporter
Jan 5, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.co.uk
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. I was a huge fan of the original series This was a slight departure from that but even so I have to say for a simple spy movie it was very very good. There was just the right amount of intrigue and comedy in the mix to carry it along and I ended up really liking all the central characters.

I'll give it a strong 8/10.

Good god....I thought it was the dullest movie of the year so far lol. Each to there own of course :)

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
The original and the best! But I'm sure Denzel updated it very well :)

The Equalizer. I finally did watch it from ViaPlay. 9/10. -Which reminds me of another excellent & similar movie, The History of Violence. If you liked The Equalizer but missed this Viggo Mortensen film of 10 years ago, it might be of interest.

The Equalizer 2 prenews. WARNING! Includes spoilers of the first film.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...as-the-equalizer-2-sets-2017-release#/slide/1

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Star Wars. 9,5/10. I'm sorry to say I didn't like the last three ones, they were too digital, but to watch this tribute to the original SW of 1977 it was simply fantastic. The best thing was to see the aged actors - remembering how young they were, when I saw the film way back then, 39 years ago. omg, am I also getting old(er)...:mellow:

TED 2. 7.0/10.

It's not as daring and new as TED (1). I still enjoyed it quite a bit though, the humor was spot on for the most of it. Nice and raw, storyline was crap however.

Next one on my list is Kingsman, but it's not on Netflix here :(

Last edited:

Heriophant

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Sep 23, 2016
Boston, Lincs
Son of Saul, International film.

Two days in the life of Saul Auslander, Hungarian prisoner working as a member of the Sonderkommando at one of the Auschwitz Crematoriums who, to bury the corpse of a boy he takes for his son, tries to carry out his impossible deed: salvage the body and find a rabbi to bury it. While the Sonderkommando is to be liquidated at any moment, Saul turns away of the living and their plans of rebellion to save the remains of a son he never took care of when he was still alive.

Slow moving, but powerful worth a watch but can be upsetting to people

7.5/10

SpazzyRobo

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 2, 2016
Bedfordshire UK
Train to Busan South korean zombie movie , not so much special effects and shooting but a all round solid zombie flick , worth a watch bear in mind english subs. 8.5 /10

Clown

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 14, 2015
Wales
I am Daniel Blake, best film I've watched in a long time. It brought a lump to my throat and left the wife sobbing. 10/10

Reactions: Bl@ckthorn

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Logan.

I often think Hugh Jackman is a little flat, and lacks range. He is significantly broader in this movie and played a believable old man. Old Man Logan being a specific type of old man, and Wolverine being the defining character of Hugh Jackman's career (IMHO).

Patrick Stewart, well epic as always.

I'm loathe to give a rating at all to be honest, I was very impressed with it and very sad at the same time, there were tears and there was laughter. If I was put on the spot it'd be a high 8/10, the thing that let it down was the antagonist characters were pretty much irrelevant, the movie could have progressed just as well if I'd never seen Richard E Grant.