Rate The Last Film You Watched

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

daisy

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 13, 2015
North Wales
wait,someone said that T gen was complicated?(it says everything in the bloody film,and explains it all dumbed down),plus the fact that it is meant to try and start the whole thing again.

I swear to god, 99% of the human race NEEDS skynet to get shut of them,if they cant work out a bad hollywood movie.

That's a bit late, Skynet has been around since 1969

MattyD

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 29, 2012
Hampshire
Finally watched Mad Max at the weekend, was better than I thought, great action from start to finish but storyline was poor! I was pleased to see it was as messed up as the originals though. 6 no 7 no 6/10.

Also watched SPY, not bad but not brilliant, it was spoiled by that McCarthy women, not funny and done my tits in from beginning to end! Jason Statham was very funny though. 6/10. Quote from Rick Ford (Statham): During the threat of an assassination attempt, I appeared convincingly in front of congress as Barack Obama.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
...Also watched SPY, not bad but not brilliant, it was spoiled by that McCarthy women, not funny and done my tits in from beginning to end! Jason Statham was very funny though. 6/10. Quote from Rick Ford (Statham): During the threat of an assassination attempt, I appeared convincingly in front of congress as Barack Obama.

I refuse to watch a Statham comedy movie! If Eastwood had only two facial expressions (one with the hat, one without it), Statham has also two: angry without a hat, and angrier without a hat. Comedy just doesn't fit in!

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
I think McCarthy is very funny in Spy (and generally). Statham playing the comedy character is actually pretty fun too, he only plays those two expressions McT, but is so ludicrous he's quite funny to watch.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
On second thought, he's a f****ing good comedian! I thought he must have been doing some Steve Martin, looking at the movie poster and the main character in it :lol:

Reactions: XharKhan

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Get Hard - watched this on holiday as my son suggested it was supposed to be good but I wasnt really interested in it from the previews. Have to say I pretty much laughed most of the way through it so if you want a night with a few beers and some light hearted humour, this is a sho ting! 8.5/10

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
The judge - wow, I love RDJ anyway but his part in this movie was just beyond. I think it was pretty conclusive proof he personifies Tony Stark but that its a character as much as his part in this movie. 8/10 it was solid.

Mission Impossible -Rogue Nation. More of the usual action crazy stunts and thinking ahead Tom Crusery (see what I did there?) I liked it, it was as good as every other one (excluding MI2 as that was a travesty to humanity) it's a decent 7/10 action flick with a bit of a laugh along the way.

Binary

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Feb 24, 2014
Reading / High Wycombe
Begin Again - just watched this on Popcorn. Stars Kiera Knightley and Mark "Hulk Smash!" Gruffalo. Its a feel good movie about a songwriter who makes an album in the streets. Okay that sounds crap, but honestly I loved it. Heck, Id even buy the album because I loved the music too! 10/10

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Oblivion. Finally watched it, the blueray has been on the shelf for ages...I liked the idea and the slowly progressing story telling. At times it looked like they had picked some distant elements of Solaris, Independende Day & Star Wars the original one and put them into modified use! lol So it's 8/10.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
El Mariachi - Desperado - Once upon a Time in Mexico

Great trilogy! I never get tired of watching these, especially Desperado with Salma Hayek omg. And Tarantino's joke, it's a classic :lol:

Reactions: NePa5

Slicer

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Oct 5, 2015
I watched Jurassic World at the weekend.... 9.5/10 - absolutely loved it. As a huge fan of the original this did not disappoint.

XharKhan

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
May 27, 2010
The Martian - epic, it's a definitive 10/10 I loved every minute of it.

Tomorrow Land - I really liked this too only let down by knob head wooden actor George Clueless...it's still an 8/10 even with him in it

Booked tickets for the force awakens today...7pm on December 17th...it's made so excited I want to burst!