Review - Corsair M65 Vengence RGB Mouse

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Gravedom

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 17, 2015
Germany
DpY1heD.png

Model Number: CH-90000109-EU

Technical Specs:

• 8200 DPI Laser Sensor
  • RGB Lighting (16.8 million colors)
  • Metal Body (Aluminum)
  • Customization weight system
  • Dedicated Sniper button
  • On mouse DPI adjustment
  • On board profile storage for multiple games
  • 1000hz response time
  • Customization options for response time (1ms, 2ms, 4ms, 8ms)
  • High-Mass Scroll Wheel
  • Multiple PTFE Glide Pads
5vhcVFw.jpg

Gravey's Review:

Hey again everyone! Quick review on the Corsair M65 RGB. First, I am not a little guy. Standing over 6' and in good physical fitness i find it hard at times to find a mouse that looks good while fitting in the hand nicely. This mouse however does this extremely well although has just a couple issues which i will mention later.

First the customization software like the keyboard is extremely small (322kb memory use) and once you setup the mouse no longer needs ran thanks to the onboard memory. The colors are extremely crisp and at nights while gaming provide enough light in conjunction with a keyboard and case lighting that you do not need to worry about glare from overhead lighting.

q33pNVe.jpg

The mouse wheel is responsive but stable enough to accept single fractional movements.
Some of my favorite items this mouse offers however are the following:

Adjustable weights
: I hate to hold a mouse which is so light that it feels as though your holding a little piece of plastic in your hand. The aluminum body is extremely sturdy but still light so being able to make the mouse heavier to increase the performance is awesome.

kXqTJcX.jpg

Mouse construction:
The smooth body is great. It cant get annoying to have mice which utilize buttons. As you can get dust, cat hair, or other common items stuck either between or under the buttons. However it is very easy to clean this mouse. The majority of the mouse is fully sealed and with a normal Q-Tip you are able to clean the mouse quickly and easily. The only item where dust gathers and you would need a toothpick to clean would be near the DPI selection. Since however this can be on the fly to settings of your choice its still a great feature so something that can be tolerated if you do not mind occasional cleaning.i

Sniper Button: I must admit that this is an interesting feature. While on one hand it is nice to be able to do an immediate change from 8000dpi to 400dpi the button can also be a drawback when you are rushing. Since decreasing DPI will allow for smother movement and keep aim steady in close contact it will be extremely negative. However for other games like Eve or Star Citizen and for applications such as Photoshop i find it EXTREMELY useful.

Closing:

I have to recommend this mouse for all use in honesty. The mixture of features, high profile which fits the hands of larger handed individuals, weights, onboard memory, lighting and a body that feels sturdy makes this a must buy. With extremely competitive pricing (average is about 70 euro) and really good performance it is a mouse which will not let you down. Corsair has been improving products they offer over the years and I look forward to the future.

/Gravey

Reactions: ShadowFax75

Raneva

Banned
Feb 1, 2015
Wow, a dedicated sniper button..
I don't know how to feel about that xD

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014

It's only a button which decreases the dpi Raneva ;-)

I've had a corsair mouse too a few years ago, and I really liked it.

Gravedom

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 17, 2015
Germany

hehehe as I said in the review... it will instantly decrease your mouse DPI to 4-600.

What this means is that as your hand shakes the mouse will stay on target since it takes larger movements to move the cursor.

Also good to note that this is not a small mouse. Alot of people fear it might be too heavy for them but i really recommend people try it.
Great mouse in all regards.

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Just realised I have this mouse and it's great although I agree with Raneva about the sniper button whato a waste of time having that on there. I have died so many times when hitting that button by accident and going into slow motion. But over all a very good mouse the ballance is great and runs smoothly

Gravedom

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Mar 17, 2015
Germany
Yeaaah, I got that.. But still :') They actually describe it as a 'sniper button', so I stand by my comment.
It looks like a great mouse, though. Wonder if it would be too heavy for me..

Hey Rane,

Best advice i can give is to try it. Utilizing aluminum body its sturdy and light. Plus you can remove the weights. The profile is i would rate on the middle side in terms of curvature so fits nicely in the hand.

BorgieXL0

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Sep 4, 2015
Netherlands
Have a Corsair M95 for 3 years. Love the thing.
Point is, in the heat of the battle always forget all the other buttons ;).

Reactions: Raneva