Rising Storm 2 : Vietnam

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Played it a little bit this evening. And I am not 100% convinced yet about the game. But I think I need more practice. Possibly really fun to play in a squad indeed.

Clown

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Dec 14, 2015
Wales
Tried it but there seems to be something missing. I will try it again as I paid for it.

Tuéy

New User
Sep 4, 2011
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
I just bought it today. Seems all right so far, a bit blurry and washed out but I will try and tweak my settings a bit. Aiming/accuracy seems a lot easier/better than previous RO games.

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Im enjoying this game although iv not got a clue where im dying from. The only problem i have is tge colours of the enemy 1 round red nxt blue is there anyway of making them always red

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
Im enjoying this game although iv not got a clue where im dying from. The only problem i have is tge colours of the enemy 1 round red nxt blue is there anyway of making them always red
I think there is setting for that, not sure

Reactions: Bl@ckthorn

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
I tried to buy it, but: Steam says I already own the game and won't get an extra copy, if I continue buying it. The thing is, I downloaded Beta but never played it, and it doesn't show in my library either. But I'm not going to try my luck spending 22€ just to see what happens... Anyone with the same incident, who downloaded Beta?

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I had that as well. But then it was still in my library because it was still in Beta. I bought the game on a keysite instead and that worked.

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
Thanks Shadow, so Beta must be hidden somewhere deep in my Steam, even though it didn't show up in library, One must take risks in life and live dangerously every now and then, so I think I'll try to buy it :)

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Cd keys site was only £9.99 well worth it as i think tge game is very good apart from the dying all the time

Reactions: ShadowFax75

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
I bought it, tried it, frustrated and uninstalled it :lol: Now I'm reinstalling it. Once I even saw the enemy before I got killed, this is what I'd call progress!

Bl@ckthorn

Head Admin
Staff member
Recruitment
Tactician
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Oct 27, 2010
Bury England
Stay away from the automatics unless close up. Once you know the maps you will know where the enemy are coming from the maps are larger than you think so watch out for flanking. Slow and easy sneaking about is also a must

Reactions: McTavish

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
The game indeed is much harder than I had thought, in comparison to Heroes of Stalingrad or Rising Storm, which I enjoyed & played a lot. The sniper limit is what I always liked in the franchise; on the other hand, I'd like to get my hands on sniper stuff myself :)

Foolwolf

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 29, 2014
Sweden
Argh, either I'm getting way old and blind or this game is not for me. I have tired of not seeing shit, shooting more team mates and being shot from 'invisible' foes eoither 352 yeards away or 10--- I tired. No time to get into this one. I found the Red Storm in the winter land much much more satisfying.

Tuéy

New User
Sep 4, 2011
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
The longest sniper shot I made was straight into a team-mates head haha. You can tweak the graphics a bit and it becomes a bit easier to see everybody.

It's much easier if you are in a decent team with good comms, the 40-1 servers I have found to be the best so far for teamwork.