So I have received a temp ban on the BF4 forums...

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

goatsecks

New User
Dec 1, 2013
@goat: Impersonating or attempting to impersonate a DICE or EA employee is a severe breach of the Terms of Service and because of this it has now impacted your ability to post on these forums.

Forum rules: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2832654625482390000/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Terms of Service: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/en/en/PC/ [tos.ea.com]

Because it really wasn't obvious that I was a mere imposter!

RE: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770564816292/

Ghostface2K

New User
Nov 3, 2013
Saw that. You rustled their feathers! It was just a forum ban, right? Nothing to do with Battlelog?

McTavish

Administrator
Recruitment
Anti-Cheat Sqd
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Jan 16, 2010
Finland
lol, they've got absolutely no sense of humour - your post was :10:

Reactions: Scamss

Scamss

New User
Feb 18, 2012
Kernow = Cornwall
@goat: Impersonating or attempting to impersonate a DICE or EA employee is a severe breach of the Terms of Service and because of this it has now impacted your ability to post on these forums but seeing as your post was funny as fuck and after all it is Christmas we are going to allow you back on the forum to post what the hell you like .

Lots of love & kisses

Fuckwitts

xxx

SpaceMunkeyUK

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
We want to see it as a levolution, someone made an excellent suggestion that it could be usual 2 sides against each other, then when the T-Rex comes out it's everyone against the T-Rex! :)

DeeJayCee

New User
Dec 1, 2013
Can't believe you got temp banned. What a bunch of tossers! EA/Dice staff show up as such in their posts/profile, so you are clearly not one. And to suggest you were impersonating one! Come on, that's daft!

Well said btw, some guy has quoted you later in that thread, so your text isn't lost ;)

goatsecks

New User
Dec 1, 2013
I just checked it out. It is a year long ban I received! Wow.

Does any one have a screen shot of the OP (the first one wasnt quoted)?

goatsecks

New User
Dec 1, 2013
Dear Battlefield fans,

We have heard that many of you are still having some sort of in game experience, trust us, we know this is entirely unacceptable. We hoped the most recent patch would address the few remaining areas of functionality; we have failed the community in this regard.

We are very proud of our current set of bugs and have some absolute hum-dingers in the pipe-work. With a bit of luck this should 'correct' the last few areas of functionality.

Thank you for your patience.

Reactions: DeeJayCee and Tuéy

Cropulus

New User
Dec 1, 2013
Well, you implied it. You should give it a try and if you need someone to lawyer up your appeal, please let me know :)

goatsecks

New User
Dec 1, 2013
It may have been implied. But the intention was never to actually trick any one into thinking I was an employee something which was clear from tone, context and my account.

Lets be clear, this is a case of lacking sense of humor on behalf of the admins.

I cant say i'm overly bothered by it but simply surprised at how harsh the response was.

Reactions: DeeJayCee