Squad. Closed pre alpha

• Welcome Guest, thank you for visiting The Old Gits Army. Please take a moment to register on our forums to participate.
  • If you are interested in joining us, please register and then visit the Recruitment forum. There you will find a clan application form. Alternatively join us on Team Speak!

Obi

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 17, 2015
Hiya just wondering if anyone is involved in this? I'm playing in the cpa on the weekends when I can (mostly solo but squad is all about team play so I'm never alone for long) but I'm always up for teaming up. Maybe some people have keys for the closed alpha in couple of weeks?

Let me know.

Cheers

Obi

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
I've seen some squad gameplay on youtube. Looks interesting :)

ShadowFax75

Server Admin
Server Admin
TOGA Member
BF2042 admin
Feb 2, 2014
@SUPASTARR you can find more info at http://joinsquad.com/

I am not interested in the closed alpha because I think it's ridiculous to pay 40 USD more to be able to play an alpha version of a game.
Squad Leader - Founder Level ($70 USD) will give you some more besides the closed alpha (approx september 2015) but those things are not interesting for me.
Rifleman - Backer Level ($30 USD) wil give me a gamecopy and Steam early access (approx december 2015).

Game looks interesting, but by the time I am able to play it (If I buy the Rifleman backer level) I most likely play battlefront a lot too. So I am interested in the game only if there are more TOGA's going to play it.

Obi

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 17, 2015
@SUPASTARR you can find more info at http://joinsquad.com/

I am not interested in the closed alpha because I think it's ridiculous to pay 40 USD more to be able to play an alpha version of a game.
Squad Leader - Founder Level ($70 USD) will give you some more besides the closed alpha (approx september 2015) but those things are not interesting for me.
Rifleman - Backer Level ($30 USD) wil give me a gamecopy and Steam early access (approx december 2015).

Game looks interesting, but by the time I am able to play it (If I buy the Rifleman backer level) I most likely play battlefront a lot too. So I am interested in the game only if there are more TOGA's going to play it.

Yep is true, now is not the best time economically to buy. I backed at kick-starter so I got 2 game keys for 100 dollars with all the access included . That was OK for me. The game is already coming along nicely. Lot of emphasis on having a cohesive squad, good effective comms and a good squad leader. I really think that at a clan level this game will Rock. The community is pretty good at the moment, lots of guys from project reality, so generally communication is good all the time. I'm very interested in how it will work out. I'll try and find some decent videos

Obi

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 17, 2015
there are 3 seperate comms channels built into the game. local, squad and squad leader to squad leader , all work perfect.

Obi

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 17, 2015
The new build for squad came out yesterday, they have improved the Ui, maps, medic system, is a little more optimised and the unreal engine has had a major update. Runs very well. I shall try to get some footage tonight, after the kids have gone to bedford

Obi

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 17, 2015
Just to let everyone know that the closed alpha starts for all squad leader level and above this weekend. I'm working lates but should be on around midnight ~

Obi

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 17, 2015
little video of a fairly crazy 5 minutes last night. no music or nowt just a prime position and a big gun.

Obi

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Aug 17, 2015
Sweet, do you have access already? I can you play? We can hook up and I'll take you through it all of you like

xRASx

New User
Aug 26, 2015
no I don't have access yet I think the dev who responded to my post about the key said i'll get it on the 14th December for the release on the 15th

DeBuGti

TOGA MEMBER
TOGA Member
Nov 16, 2013
Looks like it needs a lot of work before i'd take a look at it! But does look promising! Did I hear someone say 40 dollars?